The Huntington Museum of Art is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
Herald-Dispatch photo archives The Huntington Galleries (now the Huntington Museum of Art) is under construction in the summer of 1952. The museum, located on more than 50 acres in the Park Hills section of Huntington, opened on Nov. 9, 1952. It hosts traveling exhibitions and has permanent galleries. The complex now includes a library, auditorium, galleries, sculpture courts, studio workshops, outdoor stage, nature trails and a subtropical plant conservatory. Thanks to Rusty Dillon for the identification.