3 pm: 82°FRain

5 pm: 84°FMostly Cloudy

7 pm: 80°FMostly Cloudy

9 pm: 76°FPartly Cloudy w/ Showers

More Weather

No one injured in Huntington house fire

Mar. 17, 2013 @ 02:15 PM

No one was injured when a home caught fire Sunday afternoon on Edwards Street in Huntington.

The Huntington Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 1400 block of Edwards Street.

Cabell County Dispatch received the call for a structure fire at 1:43 p.m. Upon arrival, Huntington Fire Department discovered visible smoke coming from the residence.

According to the Huntington Fire Department Deputy Chief Scott Earl, part of the house caught fire from either a fireplace or wood-burning stove. The owner was home at the time of the fire and evacuated safely.

()