5 pm: 61°FSunny

7 pm: 59°FSunny

9 pm: 54°FClear

11 pm: 47°FClear

More Weather


Carbon monoxide killed TV star

Gandee
Apr. 02, 2013 @ 03:16 PM

CHARLESTON  — Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show “BUCKWILD” and two passengers all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Twenty-one-year-old Shain Gandee, his uncle and another passenger were found dead Monday. Gandee’s 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It’s possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.

The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.

Their deaths have been ruled accidental.

The victims’ bodies have been released to funeral homes, but no arrangements have yet been announced.

Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.

 

(u'addcomment', u'nobuy')

Comments

The Herald-Dispatch welcomes your comments on this article, but please be civil. Avoid profanity, obscenity, personal attacks, accusations of criminal activity, name-calling or insults to the other posters. Herald-dispatch.com does not control or monitor comments as they are posted, but if you find a comment offensive or uncivil, hover your mouse over the comment and click the X that appears in the upper right of the comment. If you do not want your comment to post to your personal Facebook page, uncheck the box below the comment.