2 am: 42°FPartly Cloudy

4 am: 42°FMostly Cloudy

6 am: 42°FMostly Cloudy

8 am: 41°FPartly Sunny

More Weather

One sustains burns in trailer fire

Apr. 01, 2013 @ 11:55 PM

HUNTINGTON -- A trailer fire in Barboursville left its occupant with first- and second-degree burns to the hands and feet on Monday evening.

The trailer, located on Broadmoor Drive off East Pea Ridge Road, caught fire just before 8:30 p.m. Monday evening. Barboursville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Philip Kincaid said the fire was contained to a laundry room and appeared to have started as the result of a clothes dryer overheating.

"She helped to save it (the trailer)," Kincaid said. "She sustained burns on her hands and feet trying to put the fire out."

The victim, whose injuries were not life-threatening, was transported to Cabell Huntington Hospital, Kincaid added. Her identity was not released.

Kincaid said the fire was put out quickly by members of the Barboursville Volunteer Fire Department. The mobile home sustained smoke and heat damage throughout, which will likely leave it uninhabitable, he said. None of the adjacent properties sustained any damage.

Follow H-D reporter Beth Hendricks on Facebook or Twitter @BethHendricksHD.

(u'addcomment',)

Comments

The Herald-Dispatch welcomes your comments on this article, but please be civil. Avoid profanity, obscenity, personal attacks, accusations of criminal activity, name-calling or insults to the other posters. Herald-dispatch.com does not control or monitor comments as they are posted, but if you find a comment offensive or uncivil, hover your mouse over the comment and click the X that appears in the upper right of the comment. If you do not want your comment to post to your personal Facebook page, uncheck the box below the comment.