The Huntington Museum of Art is celebrating its 60th anniversary.
Herald-Dispatch photo archives The Huntington Galleries (now the Huntington Museum of Art) opened Nov. 9, 1952. The museum is located on more than 50 acres in the Park Hills section of Huntington. It hosts traveling exhibitions and has permanent galleries. The complex includes a library, auditorium, galleries, sculpture courts, studio workshops, outdoor stage, nature trails and a subtropical plant conservatory. Date is unknown.