2 am: 66°FMostly Cloudy

4 am: 65°FMostly Cloudy

6 am: 64°FMostly Cloudy

8 am: 65°FPartly Sunny

More Weather

Two men arrested in missing person case

Apr. 20, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

ASHLAND -- Two men were arrested Friday in connection with a missing person investigation that law enforcement officials are now deeming a murder case after Kentucky State Police investigators recovered human remains Friday.

Carlton T. Gallman, 36, of Ashland, and Aaron Gallion, 35, both of Ashland, were arrested following a police chase that crossed from Kentucky into Ohio on Friday evening.

Both men were charged with tampering with physical evidence, and Gallman additionally was charged with murder in connection to an ongoing investigation by KSP, Trooper Michael Murriell said in a press release.

State police in Ashland received a missing person report for Christopher M. Frazier, 29, of Westwood, Ky., on April 8.

Investigators received a tip Friday which led to the recovery of a deceased male over an embankment along Happy Ridge in Greenup County, Murriell said.

The remains had not been positively identified Friday, pending an autopsy by the state medical examiner, which is expected to take place Saturday.

Arrest warrants were obtained on Gallman and Gallion shortly after the recovery of the remains, according to the release.

Detectives and troopers located Gallman in Westwood, and he attempted to flee the area in a vehicle. Troopers in an unmarked vehicle followed Gallman into Ohio, and numerous law enforcement agencies from Ohio responded and engaged in the chase, according to the release.

Gallman was taken into custody following a single-vehicle crash, Murriell said.

He was lodged in the Lawrence County Ohio Jail on Friday night.

Gallion was located at a residence along Oxcart Road in Boyd County, Ky., on Friday, and he was taken into custody without incident.

Murriell said members of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife, Boyd County Sheriff's Department, Coal Grove Police Department, South Point Police Department, Lawrence County Ohio Sheriff's Department and Ohio Highway Patrol all participated in Friday's investigation.

The case remains under investigation.