Ky teen dies after choking on dog lead
IRVINE, Ky. (AP) — A coroner says a central Kentucky teenager died after falling and catching a dog lead he was wearing and choking to death.
Estill County Coroner Tony Murphy called the death of 16-year-old Tony Conley's death a "tragic accident."
Conley died Friday on a deck at an Estill County home. Murphy told the Lexington Herald-Leader Conley was joking with friends on the last day of school and put the dog lead around his neck.
Murphy says the Estill County High School football player "tripped or just fell" near the stairs and choked to death.
Visitation will be 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Estill County High School auditorium and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the high school football field with services to follow at 2 p.m. Thursday.