2 am: 65°FPartly Cloudy

4 am: 64°FPartly Cloudy w/ Showers

6 am: 64°FMostly Cloudy

8 am: 66°FMostly Cloudy

More Weather

Assistance available for working parents

Jan. 07, 2013 @ 12:15 AM

HUNTINGTON -- Parents and guardians who work or are in school and need financial assistance for child care can receive help through Link Child Care Resource and Referral, a division of River Valley Child Development Services.

The program, funded through the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services, provides assistance to those living in Cabell, Wayne, Putnam, Mason, Boone, Lincoln, Logan and Mingo counties and who are going to school, working or are in a WV WORKS program.

Applicants must meet pre-determined income eligibility guidelines to receive financial assistance.

For more information, call 304-523-9540 or 800-894-9540, or stop in at 611 7th Ave., Huntington, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.