2 am: 61°FPartly Cloudy

4 am: 61°FMostly Cloudy

6 am: 61°FMostly Sunny

8 am: 64°FMostly Cloudy

More Weather

Four displaced in apartment fire

Feb. 19, 2013 @ 08:39 AM

CEREDO — Four residents were displaced, one with minor burns, because of an early morning apartment fire Tuesday in Ceredo.

The incident happened about 5 a.m. in the 600 block of 1st Street West.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames to one apartment of the six-unit building, according to a fire captain at the scene. A second unit sustained heat damage and two others received water damage.

The fire started in the living room of one of the upstairs apartments. No cause has been determined, the captain said.

The Ceredo Volunteer Fire Department received assistance from counterparts in Kenova and Lavalette.

The American Red Cross was contacted to assist those displaced.

Follow Curtis Johnson via Twitter @curtisjohnsonHD and http://facebook.com/curtisjohnsonHD