Grand jury returns 27 indictments
IRONTON -- A Lawrence County grand jury returned 27 indictments Tuesday, including one alleging kidnapping, felonious assault and gun specification charges, among others, charging a man in a hostage situation last month involving several family members, said Prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr.
The grand jury met two days last week and the indictments were filed Tuesday afternoon in Ironton. The indictments include two cases concerning sealed indictments in drug cases.
Ronnie L. Rowe, 54, of 96 Private Drive 2562, Ironton, was charged with two counts of felonious assault with two gun specification charges, two counts of kidnapping which also included gun specification charges, improperly discharging a firearm at or into a habitation, disrupting public services and resisting arrest, also with a gun specification charge.
Rowe is charged with being armed with a .12-gauge shotgun during a hostage standoff with law enforcement authorities Oct. 5. Rowe remained lodged Tuesday in the Lawrence County Jail in Ironton in lieu of $200,000 bond, according to a deputy jailer.
In other cases:
- Randall A. Ward, 27, of 7992 County Road 1, South Point, was indicted on charges of rape and felonious assault.
- Sonny E. Riffe, 59, of 967 County Road 22, Ironton, was indicted in the sexual assault on a 9-year-old girl.
- Jeremy R. McClellan, 21, of 1891 County Road 5, Kitts Hill, was indicted on charges of burglary and breaking and entering.
- Meaka Carter, 36, of 618 S. 8th St., Ironton, was indicted on a charge of felonious assault.
- Cassandra A. Cantrell, 24, of 2744 Shawnee Drive, Ashland, was indicted on a charge of burglary.
- Beverly J. Singer, 27, of 432 W. Central Ave., Ashland, was indicted on a charge of complicity to burglary.
- Gina R. Anderson, 20, of 511 Everett St., Huntington, and a co-defendant, Megan L. Collins, 22, of 3606 Riverside Drive, Huntington, both were indicted on two counts of burglary.
- Cody S. Johnson, 19, of 266 Private Drive 1070, South Point, was indicted on a charge of burglary.
- Debra J. Johnson, 50, of 109 Ashland Drive, Apt. 10, South Point, was indicted on a charge of identity fraud.
- Perdita Fitisemanu, 26, of 156 Township Road 1339, South Point, was indicted on charges of grand theft of a firearm and falsification.
- Aaron A. Porter, 31 of 624 10th St., Huntington, was indicted on a charge of escape.
- Tom E. Sanders, 60, of 1797 Ohio 93, Ironton, was indicted on a charge of felonious assault.
- Shane F. Lemley, 34, of 597 Ohio 775, Proctorville, was indicted on two counts of theft from an elderly person and two counts of theft by deception.
- Christopher M. Hamlin, 31, of 15 Township Road 1122, Proctorville, was indicted on charges of forgery and complicity to theft from an elderly person.
- Teddy D. Moore, 45, of 25 Township Road 1377, South Point, was indicted on a charge of grand theft.
- John S. Ackerson, 21, of 605 S. 10th St., Ironton, was indicted on charges of theft and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
- Benjamin S. Hughes, 33, of 25531/2 S. 3rd St., Ironton, was indicted on two counts of theft and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
- Adam R. Stapleton, 23, of 126 Private Drive 3467, Ironton, was indicted on a charge of breaking and entering.
- Eugene R. Bennett, 37, of 359 Township Road 276 N, South Point, was indicted on a charge of theft of credit cards.
- Preston L. Curry, 31, of 223 Township Road 1186, South Point, was indicted on a charge of theft of a credit card.
- Hobert S. Gearheart, 44, of 408 Beech St., Russell, Ky., was indicted on a charge of misuse of a credit card.
- Carla R. Phillips, 41, of the 1100 block of Wyanoke Street, Ironton, was indicted on a charge of illegal use of food stamps.
- Thelma L. Cade, 25, of 11151/2 S. 3rd St., Ironton, was indicted on two counts of illegal use of food stamps.
An indictment is a formal charge made against a person by a grand jury. It does not establish guilt or innocence.