Palliative Care Center brings free caregiver workshop to Putnam
WINFIELD — The PalliativeCare Center, a division of HospiceCare, has planned free Caregiver Workshops in local communities to provide tips and help to people who are caring for a loved one with a terminal illness.
The workshops are planned for:
- 10 a.m. Saturday, March 16, at Calvary United Methodist Church, 205 Court St. S., Ripley, 304-372-3203
- 2-4 p.m. Saturday, March 16, at Winfield Presbyterian Church, Ferry Street, Winfield, 304-586-4536
- 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at Hometown Senior Center, 100 1st Ave. N., Hometown, 304-586-2745
The workshop is intended for anyone who is caring for a loved one with a serious illness and is not sure how to begin or what to do next; who has lots of questions and trouble finding answers, and might be feeling overwhelmed, alone, or stressed.
Participants will learn:
- Expert tips that make caregiving easier and safer
- Information on planning ahead so you can have control even in a crisis
- About specific resources in your community that you can turn to for help
For more information about the PalliativeCare Center’s workshops, programs or services, call Director Vickie Powell or Program Coordinator Carol Matheny at 304-941-1950.