Pre-K enrollment starting soon
WINFIELD — Free preschool is available to Putnam County students, and the enrollment period is fast approaching.
Here is the timeline for enrollment in the Putnam County Collaborative Pre-K Program:
- Feb. 1: Registration packets will be available for parents to pick up at all elementary schools, existing pre-k sites, Head Start centers, Putnam County Schools’ central office and on the pre-k website.
- Beginning on Feb. 4: Parents may call 304-586-0500, ext. 1133 or e-mail email@example.com for an appointment time for registration. No early calls will be accepted.
- March 8: The first pre-k registration and combination parent information fair will be held at the Putnam County Technical Center in Eleanor by appointment only.
- March 15: The second pre-k registration and combination parent information fair will be held at St. Timothy’s In the Valley Episcopal Church, located next to Valley Wave Pool Park, by appointment only.
- After March 15: Anyone that doesn’t come to the mass registrations must contact Nancy Joplin at 304-586-0500, ext. 1133, or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment for registration. Packets turned in after initial registration dates run a larger chance of not getting into their first choice site.
Children must turn 4 before Sept. 1, 2013, to be eligible. Five-year-old new enterers will be considered based on outcome of a kindergarten readiness test. The following documents will need to be turned in with your registration packets: birth certification, 3- or 4-year-old health check form, age-appropriate immunization record, along with other registration materials that will be included in your packet.
More information about free Putnam County Pre-K can be found at www.putnamschools.com under parents/community or by calling 304-586-0500, ext. 1133 or ext. 1107.