Electrical blamed in Milton fire
MILTON -- Firefighters responded to a two-story house fire in the 1700 block of Johns Creek Road Saturday afternoon that appeared to have been caused by an electrical issue, according to the Milton Volunteer Fire Department.
The fire was reported by a neighbor at about 3:40 p.m. and fire crews arrived on scene within minutes.
Fire chief Brent Taylor said it was originally reported that someone was trapped inside the house, but no one was actually home at the time of the fire.
Taylor said the fire started on a set of steps and traveled through a wall to the attic, where it expanded. The entire attic was damaged by the fire, as well as part of the second story.
Although not a total loss, Taylor said the entire home did suffer from smoke and water damage.
Part of Johns Creek Road was closed while firefighters from Milton and Ona volunteer fire departments responded. They cleared the scene at about 5:30 p.m.
The Herald-Dispatch welcomes your comments on this article, but please be civil. Avoid profanity, obscenity, personal attacks, accusations of criminal activity, name-calling or insults to the other posters. Herald-dispatch.com does not control or monitor comments as they are posted, but if you find a comment offensive or uncivil, hover your mouse over the comment and click the X that appears in the upper right of the comment. If you do not want your comment to post to your personal Facebook page, uncheck the box below the comment.