St. Mary's Foundation donates to PATH
HUNTINGTON -- The St. Mary's Medical Center Foundation recently made a donation of $13,500 to the Paul Ambrose Trail for Health, using proceeds from September's PATH to the Cure 5K.
"Partners like the St. Mary's Medical Center Foundation are crucial to the development of the PATH," said Bob Plymale, director and chief executive officer of the Rahall Transportation Institute, in a news release. "We are grateful for the talents, work and energy that go into organizing the annual PATH to the Cure event."
It is named for Dr. Paul Ambrose, a young physician who was killed at the Pentagon in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Dr. Ambrose was dedicated to family health and preventative medicine to fight obesity.
Each year, the Foundation donates 20 percent of the money raised from PATH to the Cure to PATH, with the other 80 percent going to St. Mary's Pink Ribbon Fund.
The next PATH to the Cure 5K Run/Walk is scheduled for later this year. For more information about the event, visit www.pathtothecure.org.