Fire closes, damages Logan's Roadhouse
BARBOURSVILLE -- A small fire shut down a restaurant at the Huntington Mall on Sunday.
The fire was reported at 3:28 p.m. at Logan's Roadhouse. Upon arrival, firefighters with the Barboursville Volunteer Fire Department detected a fire inside a wall near the back door of the restaurant, Chief Phil Kincaid said. Firefighters used a chainsaw to gain access to the fire and extinguished it within minutes, he said.
Restaurant guests were evacuated safely into the parking lot, Kincaid said. The manager closed Logan's to clean up after the incident and planned to reopen Monday, Kincaid said.
The Ona, Ohio River Road and Green Valley volunteer fire departments assisted with the fire, which remains under investigation.
The Herald-Dispatch welcomes your comments on this article, but please be civil. Avoid profanity, obscenity, personal attacks, accusations of criminal activity, name-calling or insults to the other posters. Herald-dispatch.com does not control or monitor comments as they are posted, but if you find a comment offensive or uncivil, hover your mouse over the comment and click the X that appears in the upper right of the comment. If you do not want your comment to post to your personal Facebook page, uncheck the box below the comment.