In the heat of 1890s political rivalry, the Republican Party launch a rival daily, The Huntington Herald, located on 4th Avenue in the Prindle Building. Shortly thereafter, it is sold to Ironton law firm, Davis and Ross.
Gallery: Huntington newspapers in the 1800s
Jun. 24, 2013 @ 04:31 PM
On Sunday, Jan. 17, 1909, the first edition of The Herald-Dispatch hit the streets in Huntington, and we celebrated the 100th anniversary of that event in 2009.
Check out our 100 Years site at http://www.herald-dispatch.com/specialsections/100years.