Col. Long moved The Advertiser's home to the 900 block of 4th Avenue in 1900, where the Keith-Albee Perfoming Arts Center stands today. This photo, taken about 1920, shows the front of The Advertiser's building next to the old Florentine Hotel. Four years later, the newspaper was moved for the last time to 946 5th Ave.
Gallery: Early 1900s with The Herald-Dispatch
Jan. 20, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
On Sunday, Jan. 17, 1909, the first edition of The Herald-Dispatch hit the streets in Huntington, and we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of that event in 2009.