In the early 1920s, The Herald-Dispatch built a building at 914 5th Ave. Staff members were not in the building long, before they were merged with The Advertiser into the building at 946 5th Ave. in 1927. The building at 914 5th Ave. has "The Herald-Dispatch" inscribed at the top, but today is home to Farrell, Farrell and Farrell law offices.
Gallery: Early 1900s with The Herald-Dispatch
Jan. 20, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
On Sunday, Jan. 17, 1909, the first edition of The Herald-Dispatch hit the streets in Huntington, and we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of that event in 2009.