2 am: 52°FPartly Cloudy

4 am: 51°FPartly Cloudy

6 am: 46°FPartly Sunny

8 am: 49°FMostly Sunny

More Weather

Scorpion stings girl at Barboursville Wal-Mart

May. 26, 2008 @ 06:45 AM

A family shopping for Memorial Day grub Sunday afternoon at the Barboursville Wal-Mart ended up in the hospital after their daughter was stung by scorpion.


Megan Templeton was in the produce department picking out a watermelon when she was stung. The scorpion got into the crate when it was shipped from Mexico.


The scorpion, said her father William Templeton, stung her finger. She was taken to Cabell Huntington Hospital to be monitored for any allergic reaction. No further information was available on her condition.


Store manager caught the scorpion.

()