CHARLESTON — Five finalists for the honor of 2020 Professor of the Year, including one from Marshall University, have been chosen by the Faculty Merit Foundation of West Virginia.
- Friday afternoon obituary update
- Friday morning obituary update
- Hank Aaron, baseball's one-time home run king, dies at 86
- Marshall's Hollis among finalists for WV Professor of the Year
- Nearly $1B Mega Millions prize due to long odds, slow sales
- Kentucky project to gather data needed to expand internet
- 1 of 2 injured in West Virginia blaze has died
HUNTINGTON — Ohio will use $50 million in federal pandemic aid dollars to buy 2 million at-home rapid coronavirus tests to help local health departments respond faster to testing needs, Gov. Mike DeWine announced Thursday.
WASHINGTON — With a burst of executive orders, President Joe Biden served notice Thursday that America’s war on COVID-19 is under new command, promising an anxious nation progress to reduce infections and lift the siege it has endured for nearly a year.
CHARLESTON — West Virginia’s two largest teachers unions are asking judges to halt or slow down the governor’s push to reopen more classrooms during the pandemic.
Once life as we once knew it, returns to the familiar steady beat of freedoms we all took for granted — like going to packed music events, crowded restaurants, and traveling — what will remain and what will slowly fade into the darkness?
“If you have a chronic disease — such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma, (arthritis, cancer, dementia) or back or joint pain — exercise can have important health benefits.” — “Exercise and chronic disease: Get the Facts,” Mayo Clinic Staff
HUNTINGTON — Tyler Shelton started the Truckin’ Cheesy food truck in 2018. Through hard work and some very generous portions of cheese, he developed a fairly large following. Shelton has opened a brick-and-mortar Truckin’ Cheesy location in the former home of the Pho Noodle House at 1501 3rd…
ATLANTA — Hank Aaron, who endured racist threats with stoic dignity during his pursuit of Babe Ruth but went on to break the career home run record in the pre-steroids era, died early Friday. He was 86
HUNTINGTON -- Major League Soccer team Sporting Kansas City selected Marshall University standout Jamil Roberts in the MLS SuperDraft on Thursday.
SOUTH POINT, Ohio — For one quarter on Thursday, Ironton dominated South Point in the Ohio Valley Conference high school girls basketball, but for the other three it was all Pointers culminating in a 40-22 win for the Pointers.
Since his election, President Joe Biden has made unity a theme of his speeches. In his inaugural address on Wednesday, Biden used the word “unity” at least eight times:
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden’s nominee for secretary of transportation, Pete Buttigieg, was headed down a smooth path to quick confirmation, pledging to senators on Thursday to work with them to carry out the administration’s ambitious agenda to rebuild the nation’s infrastructure.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- “I don’t know what treason is:” Hurricane woman faces charges after accused of entering US Capitol
- Sources: Majority of Herd’s 2020 staff will not return
- Alabama’s Huff offered Marshall head coaching job
- Lawsuit accuses Cabell County Schools of failing to protect student from sexual abuse
- Huntington-filmed streaming series 'Normal for Now' takes on pandemic life
- Herd football staff starting to come together
- Huntington restaurant owner creates relief effort to help struggling industry
- Marshall board signs off on Huff's hiring
- Police roundup: Pikeville teen jailed on child porn charges
- Huff officially announced as Marshall's new head coach
- Photos: Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Marshall University students return to residence halls
- Photos: Marshall vs. WKU, men's basketball
- Photos: Day of Service
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Fairland vs Coal Grove
- Photos: Tri-State Hoops Throwdown, Fairland vs. Fairfield
- Photos: Girl's High School Basketball, Ashland vs. Morgan County
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Ashland vs Robertson County
- Photos: South Point vs. Gallia Academy, boys basketball
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. Ironton, girls basketball