The following obituaries have been provided by local funeral homes. Read our daily updates at 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30 p.m., and our complete obituaries in The Herald-Dispatch on Thursday and at www.herald-dispatch.com.
- Wednesday morning obituary update
- Election Watch 2022: Campaign filings
- Gallery: 1937 Flood historical photos
- New WV court specialists have personal recovery experience
- Centuries of artwork featured to evoke appreciation for Ohio River
- Hotspots available for Cabell County students
- W.Va. House to host public hearing on bill to lift restrictions on nuclear power plant construction
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Coming off another record week of new COVID-19 cases, Kentucky’s surge from the fast-moving omicron variant could be close to reaching a peak, state officials said Monday.
CHARLESTON — State health officials on Monday again urged West Virginians to get vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as some hospitals are operating at “crisis standards of care” due to the increase in coronavirus patients and a lack of available staff.
HUNTINGTON — More than 5,200 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in West Virginia on Sunday as the pandemic continues.
Disney on Ice will be returning Thursday evening at the Charleston Coliseum and will run through Sunday afternoon.
HUNTINGTON — To feature centuries of artwork capturing the Ohio River and its tributaries, Huntington Museum of Art opened its newest exhibit, “West Virginia Chamber of Commerce Presents La Belle Riviere.”
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia.org.
ROME TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- J.D. Thacker scored 30 points Tuesday night to lead Fairland to a 67-45 victory over Gallia Academy in a key Ohio Valley Conference boys high school basketball game at the Carl York Center.
Like my favorite conservation story, the wild turkey, the bison, commonly called buffalo, is another one of the great wildlife conservation success stories in our nation.
HUNTINGTON — Jim Hinkle rolled a perfect game in the TwiLight Zone League at Strike Zone Bowling Center. The 300 is the 29th of his career.
I would like to elaborate on the recent actions that made securing the Nucor steel mill for Apple Grove in Mason County a reality and share some information with my neighbors.
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Norfolk Southern railroad delivered 13% greater profit in the fourth quarter even though the amount of cargo it transported declined because it was able to raise rates.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Woman who embezzled millions from Huntington nonprofit set for sentencing
- CHRISTOPHER AUSTIN JONES
- Nucor announcement spurs interest at retired Philip Sporn plant in Mason County
- Former Huntington children's nonprofit worker gets seven years for stealing $4.7 million
- GREGORY ALLEN TOWNSEND
- KELLY M. STILTNER DICK
- ANGELA MICHELLE JOHNSTON
- Police roundup: One in custody after ‘emergency situation’ draws police to West Huntington
- W.Va. high court upholds Hardin rape conviction
- South Point couple who died in home fire ID’d
- Photos: Strike rally outside of Special Metals
- Photos: The Good Time Bad Art Show
- Photos: Boys basketball, Huntington High vs. Cabell Midland
- Photos: High school wrestling, Cabell Midland vs. Huntington High
- Photos: Gayle Manchin tours West Edge
- Photos: Blenko Glass Company's 6th annual Water Bottle Week
- Photos: Overnight snow covers area
- Photos: Marshall women's basketball takes on Florida Atlantic
- Photos: Snow in Barboursville
- Photos: Marshall vs. FIU, women's basketball