- Splash park helps kids beat summertime heat
- Woman sentenced after being caught with oxycodone in Huntington
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal drug charge
- Two weeks remain for candidates to file for local races
- Beshear uses ex-Trump official’s words in urging COVID shots
- One person injured in Huntington shooting
- Cabell County approves requests for hotel/motel tax, senior citizens levy
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Kentucky’s Democratic governor on Thursday invoked a warning from a top Trump administration health official in urging people resisting the COVID-19 vaccine to get the shots as the delta variant causes a spike in coronavirus cases.
Nearly all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths continue to be among those unvaccinated or half-vaccinated, Dr. Clay Marsh said Tuesday as delta variant cases and deaths surge nationwide.
WASHINGTON — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell implored unvaccinated Americans on Tuesday to take the COVID-19 shot, issuing a stark and grave warning of a repeat of last year’s shutdowns if people refuse to protect themselves from the coronavirus.
“Yonder were the mountains: The sunlight revealed their tiny heads and wide shoulders, craggy and purple, with small black trees, delicate as eyelashes, on their slopes.” — Paul Theroux
When summer rolls around each year, I get incredibly excited for all the juicy and ripe tomatoes that flood the markets — mainly because it means I get to go back in time and remember the days when I put as much effort into raising a garden as I did raising my children.
Fans of the 1980s classic, “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe,” may be a little nervous about a new animated He-Man series and how it might tarnish the original’s iconic legacy.
HUNTINGTON — Tyrees Smith is eager to learn.
LOUISA, Ky. — Jim Pratt shot a 2-under par, 69, Wednesday at the Eagle Ridge Golf Course at Yatesville Lake.
The tone of the game was set on Best Virginia’s first two possessions of its 75-67 loss to Team 23 in the third round of The Basketball Tournament Wednesday night at the Charleston Coliseum.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Woman accused of neglect in Wayne County case
- Sons of Marshall football stars to play in college
- Biden comment hints at boosting travel between US and Europe
- Largest solar project for nonprofit organization in West Virginia nearly complete
- Seven apply to represent District 4 on Huntington City Council
- Former Huntington mayor Jean Dean dies
- Multimillion-dollar project announced in Boyd County
- ANGELES CARRION ROMERO
- West Virginians advised to mask up against delta variant
- Man arrested, charged in Monday afternoon shooting
- Photos: Former Huntington mayor Jean Dean through the years
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Fairmont, little league baseball
- Photos: Picnic with the Pops at Harris Riverfront Park
- Photos: Little League state tournament, Ona/Milton vs. Oceana
- Photos: National Ice Cream Day in Huntington
- Photos: Barboursville vs. Bridgeport, Little League State Tournament
- Photos: Princesses in Oz Tea Party
- Photos: Westmoreland Woman's Club celebrates Huntington's 150th anniversary
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League State Tournament
- Photos: Friday night Rodeo at the Lawrence County Fair