The following obituaries have been provided by local funeral homes. Read our daily updates at 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30 p.m., and our complete obituaries in The Herald-Dispatch on Friday and at www.herald-dispatch.com.
- Thursday afternoon obituary update
- Governor: Put brakes on proposal to halt added Ohio gas tax
- Voting bill collapses, Democrats unable to change filibuster
- Snow ushers in a few days of freeze
- Lawrence County reports strong financial standing for 2022
- WVU economist: State’s recovery more rapid than predicted
- Kentucky’s governor vetoes GOP-drawn redistricting plans
WASHINGTON — The Biden administration will begin making 400 million N95 masks available for free to U.S. residents starting next week, now that federal officials are emphasizing their better protection against the omicron variant of COVID-19 over cloth face coverings.
CHARLESTON — West Virginia reported 1,949 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, the lowest number of new cases in one day since Jan. 2.
GENEVA — The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization said Tuesday that the worst of the coronavirus pandemic — deaths, hospitalizations and lockdowns — could be over this year if huge inequities in vaccinations and medicines are addressed quickly.
ASHLAND — For two decades beginning in the 1950s, The Drifters recorded an impressive amount of hit songs that have become part of the American songbook.
HITS KEEP COMING: Luke Bryan’s “Born Here Live Here Die Here (Deluxe Edition)” continues to roll out the hits — “Up” is the latest track released from the project. Talking about his current single at country radio, Luke says, “‘Up’ is a song that really, it just checks all the boxes for a co…
Movies & More reviewer John Gillispie shares his thoughts on “The Last Duel,” which is rated R and available on DVD.
LOGAN — The Logan and Wayne girls basketball teams might be seeing a lot of each other this season.
BUFFALO, W.Va. — Huntington St. Joe outscored Buffalo by six points in the second half of an 80-77 victory in boys high school basketball.
If last week’s two-game swoon served as a wake-up call for George Washington, the Patriots certainly responded and then some on Wednesday night.
Regardless of the changing laws of governments and religions, abortion has been recorded since 1500 B.C. Outlawing abortion may impede it but will not stop it.
Rose & Remington, a women’s lifestyle store that offers affordable, boho-chic clothing, accessories, gifts, home décor and more, is coming to the Huntington Mall this summer, according to mall officials.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- County sends letter to employees about absences
- Planned steel mill ‘game-changer’ for Mason County
- Nigerian national living in Huntington admits role in money laundering scheme
- New Herd QB Colombi eager to get started
- Rally planned at Special Metals after contract offer rejected
- W.Va. high court upholds Hardin rape conviction
- LISA LYNN FERGUSON
- Texas Tech QB Colombi commits to Marshall
- REBECCA LYNN COLLINS
- Lawmakers look at ways to increase funding, recruitment for VFDs
- Photos: Winter storm hits Huntington
- Photos: Snow begins to fall in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Snow in Barboursville
- Photos: Fishing at Lake William in Barboursville.
- Photos: Readers share their January snow photos
- Photos: Frost Bite Freeze Out at Beech Fork
- Photos: Gayle Manchin tours West Edge
- Photos: Huntington vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Boys basketball, Ashland Paul Blazer vs. Huntington
- Photos: West Virginia Academic Showdown at Marshall University