The following obituaries have been provided by local funeral homes. Read our daily updates at 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30 p.m., and our complete obituaries in The Herald-Dispatch on Wednesday and at www.herald-dispatch.com.
- Tuesday afternoon obituary update
- Musicians, fans react to death of country star Loretta Lynn
- West Virginia fall turkey hunting season opens Saturday
- Plan aims to help more Kentucky adults attend college
- Loretta Lynn, coal miner's daughter and country queen, dies
- Gas utility customers face sharp rate hikes even after PSC steps in as corporate oil and gas giants rake in profits
- September revenue beats estimates, contributes to tax debate
HUNTINGTON — The community transmission level of COVID-19 has dropped to “medium” for some counties in the region.
HUNTINGTON — The number of active cases of COVID-19 in West Virginia dropped below 2,000 last week.
HUNTINGTON — More than 40 deaths related to COVID-19 were reported across West Virginia last week.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Stars and fans react to the death of Loretta Lynn, who died Tuesday at her home at 90.
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia.org.
Editor’s Note: This is the 464th in a series of articles recalling vanished Huntington scenes.
The three large-school football teams on the West Virginia side of the river in the Tri-State accomplished a rare feat Friday night.
Welcome to Second Guess Tuesday. Here are the opinions du jour.
The only two remaining undefeated football teams in the Sun Belt Conference each received votes in both the USA Today Coaches Poll and Associated Press Top 25 poll this week.
In theory, with age comes experience. Life experiences are important for our elected officials, but so are questions about their age. The Baby Boom generation and the preceding one have had a good run, but the time is near for them to exit the political stage and make room for younger candidates.
MASON, W.Va. — A Mason County greenhouse is working with a nationwide effort to bring awareness to career opportunities in the agriculture, horticulture and floriculture fields.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington Public Works director relieved of duties, city says
- Gift from state completes fundraising for Marshall baseball stadium
- Police roundup: Huntington man charged after child admitted to ER with burns
- Herd 1992 reunion has a family feel
- Son of former Herd great returning to Huntington with Gardner-Webb
- The Haunted Majestic Family Fearpark now open through Halloween season
- Milton parade kicks off W.Va. Pumpkin Festival
- Huntington councilwoman wears ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ attire amid abortion ban
- Street-sweeping concerns voiced in Huntington
- Defense highlights Herd’s 28-7 win over Gardner-Webb
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before Gardner-Webb game
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival Parade
- Photos: Huntington vs. Riverside, football
- Photos: Marshall tennis team hosts Play with the Herd event
- Photos: Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce's 2022 Member Trade Show
- Photos: Marshall football defeats Gardner-Webb 28-7
- Photos: "Recovery is Sweet" celebration
- Photos: Walk to End Epilepsy at Ritter Park
- Photos: Heritage Farm Museum and Village Fall Festival
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football