SPRING VALLEY — The Wayne County Board of Education examined winter benchmark data during the Jan. 24 meeting, with students in grades 3-8 showing progress in math and English scores.
- How to see a presentation from Laurel Fork Falconry, meet birds of prey
- Wayne County students showing benchmark improvements
- Man shot by Huntington police Sunday
- Photos: Community scholarship forum at Sixteenth Street Baptist Church
- Safety Board: Mechanical defect caused Ohio train wreck
- Cabell Pre-K, Kindergarten enrollment day set for March 3
- Neighborhood Institute of Huntington to meet Feb. 13
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden informed Congress on Monday that he will end the twin national emergencies for addressing COVID-19 on May 11, as most of the world has returned closer to normalcy nearly three years after they were first declared.
HUNTINGTON — The Cabell-Huntington Board of Health discussed COVID-19 data from December and January during its meeting Wednesday.
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice tested positive for the coronavirus Tuesday, hours after he met with West Virginia University athletic director Wren Baker and Hall of Fame basketball coach Bob Huggins, the governor’s office said.
Click for community news.
The 2023 Laurel Fork Falconry tour schedule is filling up, but anyone who would like an Educational Program about birds of prey from Collin Waybright, a master class falconer, can sign up by emailing or calling.
“The three men I admire the most
ROME TOWNSHIP, Ohio — No Tri-State girls basketball championship trophy exists, but if it did, Fairland would’ve won it Saturday night.
MORGANTOWN -- After a disappointing showing at No. 15 TCU on Tuesday, West Virginia came out red-hot in its return home Saturday against Oklahoma.
Louisiana turned up the heat early and never backed down, earning its 10th straight win in Sun Belt Conference play with a 77-67 win over the Thundering Herd in men’s basketball Saturday night at the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana.
As a school nurse in Kanawha County, West Virginia, I am proud of how our state sets a positive example for immunization requirements.
CEREDO — Business owner Danny Jude says his new business, Pets For Less, gives local customers a “mom and pop” vibe with what he calls “father and son” presence due to being a single dad.
- Museum Ball returns to Huntington Museum of Art Feb. 25
- Lee resigns as football coach at South Charleston
- Lost Huntington: C-K High School
- Marshall IDs student found dead in residence hall Sunday
- Huntington files a lawsuit to close West Huntington sober living home
- Marshall student found dead on campus; foul play, substance use not suspected
- Several indicted on drug charges in Ohio
- Defense, transfers headline 2023 football signing class
- Simon Daniel Perry
- Fairland wins battle of powers, beats Timberwolves 71-59
- Photos: MU Department of Communication Disorders inaugural "Mandi-Ball"
- Photos: West Virginia High School Region IV championship swim meet
- Photos: Boys basketball, Chesapeake vs. Ironton
- Photos: Fairland vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Marshall Day at the Legislature
- Photos: Marshall University conducts Sweetheart Clinic
- Photos: Boys basketball, Tolsia vs. Huntington St. Joe
- Photos: Marshall conducts Black History Month kick-off
- Photos: Girls basketball, Russell vs. Boyd County
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Capital, girls basketball