HUNTINGTON — To celebrate January as National Mentoring Month, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Tri-State plans to expand to Mason, Putnam and Kanawha counties in West Virginia this year.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters expanding in West Virginia
- House committee advances bill to increase penalties for fentanyl exposure
- TSA screeners turned up nine handguns at W.Va. airports in 2021
- Police roundup: Robbery, identity theft listed among HPD reports
- Demolition begins on sheriff’s Ona Field Office
- Information about suspect in armed robbery sought
- Kentucky surpasses 1 million COVID-19 cases
GENEVA — The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization said Tuesday that the worst of the coronavirus pandemic — deaths, hospitalizations and lockdowns — could be over this year if huge inequities in vaccinations and medicines are addressed quickly.
CHARLESTON — Gov. Jim Justice was back at the state Capitol on Monday to hold the first COVID-19 news briefing since he was diagnosed with the virus last week.
COLUMBUS, Ohio — GOP Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine says he has no regrets about his response to the coronavirus pandemic even if Republican voters who thought he went too far are angry enough to vote him out in the upcoming May primary.
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia.org.
Editor’s note: This is the 427th in a series of articles recalling vanished Huntington scenes.
HUNTINGTON — Marshall University has released its president’s and dean’s lists for the 2021 fall semester.
For several years, my job responsibilities require me to attend many trade shows and media events. The Archery Trade Show (ATA) was one I always looked forward to because of the manufacturers and attendees, many of whom I call friends.
MORGANTOWN — Why is the Big 12 the best basketball conference in America?
HUNTINGTON — South Point is ranked 10th and Fairland 11th in Division III in the Ohio Associated Press boys high school basketball poll.
West Virginia’s New River Gorge Bridge has been recognized as an accomplishment in engineering since it opened to traffic in the 1970s. The state has other bridges of note, mainly larger bridges. The smaller bridges, though, have deteriorated as larger bridges have been built. But help is on…
Stocks fell to a new low for the year on Wall Street Tuesday and bond yields surged amid renewed jitters the Federal Reserve will lift interest rates to tackle rising inflation.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- County sends letter to employees about absences
- Basketball rivals comfort one another in deaths of parents
- Planned steel mill ‘game-changer’ for Mason County
- Justice receiving care at home, ‘not doing well’ after contracting COVID-19
- LISA LYNN FERGUSON
- REBECCA LYNN COLLINS
- Texas Tech QB Colombi commits to Marshall
- CHRISTENE SUE DUGAN
- Nigerian national living in Huntington admits role in money laundering scheme
- Brooklyn Johnson: COVID vaccination may have prevented worse problems
- Photos: Snow begins to fall in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Winter storm hits Huntington
- Photos: Fishing at Lake William in Barboursville.
- Photos: Readers share their January snow photos
- Photos: Frost Bite Freeze Out at Beech Fork
- Photos: Facing Hunger Foodbank mobile food pantry
- Photos: Huntington vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: Huntington's Kitchen holds electric pressure cooker class
- Photos: Boys basketball, Ashland Paul Blazer vs. Huntington