CHARLESTON — For the first time in 46 years, West Virginia’s first — and, for the past seven years, only — abortion provider will stop offering abortion services to patients as an “archaic” and “barbaric” state law from 1882 becomes enforceable again due to the Supreme Court of the United St…
- W.Va.’s lone provider halts abortion services after US Supreme Court decision
- Abortions stop at Kentucky clinics after Supreme Court rules
- Friday night obituary update
- NTSB: West Virginia helicopter crashed on last flight of day
- Animal shelter to host adoption event Saturday
- West Virginia celebrates last weekend of Pride Month
- Kentucky governor declares emergency over high gas prices
Nearly 20 million lives were saved by COVID-19 vaccines during their first year, but even more deaths could have been prevented if international targets for the shots had been reached, researchers reported Thursday.
CHARLESTON — Two Cabell County residents were among the COVID-19-related deaths reported in West Virginia on Thursday.
HUNTINGTON — Valley Health announced Wednesday that COVID-19 vaccines are now available for children as young as 6 months at 10 locations throughout the region.
HUNTINGTON — June is LGBTQ Pride Month, and there is still time to celebrate as the final weekend approaches.
“With its dramatic overlook, Raven Rock has long been an attraction for area residents and visitors. Its history is legendary, with some stories placing, at various moments in time, Daniel Boone and Tecumseh at its edge, 500 feet above the Ohio River.” — Andrew Lee Feight, Ph.D.
Though it’s widely considered the face of health and fitness, salads do not have to be boring. In fact, I would venture to say the word “alluring” comes to mind when thinking about this summer dish.
Having just watched a five-shot lead turn into a two-stroke cushion with a three-shot swing on the 13th hole, and with 12-time champion David Bradshaw breathing down his neck, Christian Brand knew the one part of his game he was unsure of was about to get tested.
During Friday’s final round at the 89th West Virginia Open at Stonewall Resort, Christian Brand and David Bradshaw rode around together in cart No. 1.
The first day of the 2022 U.S. Youth Soccer Eastern Regional Championships took place at Shawnee Sports Complex and Barboursville Soccer Complex on Friday and teams from all over the east coast flooded the complexes.
My river contact and social media friend C.R. Neale, whose family-owned business near Vienna, West Virginia, moves barges around on the Ohio and Little Kanawha rivers, gave us the Facebook post of the year this week.
West Virginia’s public utility regulators have approved a coal industry request to create a task force to examine why the state’s electric utilities aren’t operating their coal-fired plants at higher capacity levels.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Crews fight fire at Bare Arms Training Facility
- Clayton Matthews, son of former MU coach, dead at 42
- Motorcyclist dies in crash on Ohio River Road
- Singer-songwriter transitions into successful Huntington business owner
- 6 die in crash of Vietnam-era helicopter in West Virginia
- The family who said 'yes:' Foster parents encourage others to consider children in need
- Ex-delegate Evans to serve prison time for Jan. 6 actions
- Police roundup: Man accused of threatening to ‘shoot up’ Huntington City Mission
- Former Herald-Dispatch sports writer Wellman dead
- Morris Rodney Eplin
- Photos: Fire at Bare Arms Training Facility
- Photos: Families spend first day of summer at Beech Fork Lake
- Photos: 2nd Annual Juneteenth "Race for Equality" 5K Run/Walk
- Photos: Father's Day in Huntington
- Photos: Juneteenth Celebration at Ritter Park
- Photos: Junior Chef Camp at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: Marshall Basketball 2022 Team Camp
- Photos: Japanese Immersion Summer Camp showcase
- Photos: HART presents Disney's "The Descendants - The Musical"
- Photos: Marshall Football one-day camp, Sunday, June 19