HUNTINGTON — The Friends of Hospice group was busy Friday helping residents find garden chrysanthemums in the perfect fall shade to brighten up their porch or yard.
- Mum sale raises funds for Hospice of Huntington
- Mountwest developing new career pathways
- Last performance of ‘Exit Laughing’ on Saturday at West Edge Factory
- Use of OxyContin profits to fight opioids formally approved
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Police roundup: Larceny, shoplifting listed among HPD reports
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
HUNTINGTON — Six Cabell and Wayne county residents were among the 57 new COVID-19 deaths reported in West Virginia on Friday.
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Assigned by the Kentucky Legislature to settle a volatile political issue, school boards across the Bluegrass State voted overwhelmingly to keep masks on students and staffs while at school as COVID-19 infections continue to mount.
WASHINGTON — An influential federal advisory panel overwhelmingly rejected a plan Friday to give Pfizer COVID-19 booster shots to most Americans, but it endorsed the extra shots for those who are 65 or older or run a high risk of severe disease.
“Strive for progress, not perfection.” — Anonymous
I love the smooth, the good, the joyful. But without trying, the difficult, the heartache, the good just wouldn’t seem as good and there would be no advancement and pressing forward to betterment — where we all should endeavor.
HUNTINGTON — To see what could happen after borrowing a friend’s ashes for one last hurrah, go watch the play “Exit Laughing.”
LA PINE, Ore. — Jack Dwyer pursued a dream of getting back to the land by moving in 1972 to an idyllic, tree-studded parcel in Oregon with a creek running through it.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man sentenced in Cabell sexual assault case
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- 2001 Herd remembers the past, optimistic for the future
- MATTHEW CHAD WARNER
- Chuck Landon: Door to Sun Belt is open
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Community members shaken by death of Logan County woman found in garbage truck
- Demolition to begin on ACF property buildings by Thanksgiving
- Over 2,200 new COVID cases reported in West Virginia
- Huntington hospitals reach all-time high level of COVID patients
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate for home opener
- Photos: Marshall defeats North Carolina Central, 44-10
- Photo: Beekeeping class at The Wild Ramp
- Photos: Monument dedicated to public service in Kenova
- Photos: Patriot Day observance at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Huntington defeats Cabell Midland, 21-17
- Photos: Ironton vs. Cincinnati Moeller, high school football
- Photos: Midland Branch of the Boyd County Public Library opens
- Photos: Marshall Sustainability Department opens new thrift store