GREENUP, Ky. — A Flatwoods, Kentucky, man was arrested Tuesday by Kentucky State Police on several charges related to child sexual abuse materials, according to a news release.
- Thursday night obituary update
- Thursday afternoon obituary update
- Thursday afternoon obituary update
- Thursday morning obituary update
- Boyd County Coroner seeks assistance identifying body found in river in Catlettsburg
- Charges dropped against former transportation director for Wayne Co. schools
- Flatwoods man arrested on child sex abuse charges
CHARLESTON — Three National Guard service members tested positive for COVID-19 in late June after packing 850 boxes for one of West Virginia’s largest food banks.
United Way of the River Cities officials on Wednesday announced the agency would be distributing over 10,000 masks throughout its five-county coverage area by working with local libraries as mask distribution hubs.
HUNTINGTON — Two fall festivals that have become staples for West Virginians won’t happen in 2020.
In 2017, fans of the USA Network series “Psych” were excited to welcome back their faves in “Psych: The Movie.” But though it was great to see everyone again, the movie just didn’t feel quite right as there were too many serious turns, and an over-the-top climax in Alcatraz didn’t really hel…
SINGLE: Luke Bryan scored his 25th No. 1 single as “One Margarita” ascended to the top of both the Billboard Country Airplay chart and Mediabase chart this week. “One Margarita,” which was penned by Michael Carter, Matt Dragstrem and Josh Thompson, is the third single from Luke’s upcoming se…
Over the past few years, Huntington historians Jack and Kay Dickinson have researched and written a hefty stack of books exploring various aspects of the region’s rail and river history.
It’s worse than first thought.
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — The River States Conference has announced that University of Rio Grande freshman Josh Faro is part of the 2020 RSC Baseball Champions of Character Team.
For players competing in Thursday’s North-South Softball Classic at Buffalo, West Virginia, it will be a swan song in terms of wearing their respective school colors.
In a move that took the community by surprise, the Marshall University Board of Governors voted Tuesday to remove the name of Albert Gallatin Jenkins from a campus building. The day before, the Kanawha County Board of Education voted to remove the name of Stonewall Jackson from a middle scho…
HUNTINGTON — Two working moms looking for efficiency in work and play, Lauren Savory and Cara Gallardo say their new business is dedicated to providing the world with a better way to pack.
- Cabell County Schools looking to implement five-day, face-to-face school weeks
- Former Schooner’s restaurant barge to become Pier One Landing
- Graduation party leads to ortho department quarantine
- Masks mandatory in West Virginia buildings at midnight
- Ona couple paints giant American flag in front yard
- Griffith and Feil Soda Fountain closes after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Fatally ill: How the death of an Appalachian hospital magnified local industry loss
- Sip wine, whiskey bar moves to larger location in downtown Huntington
- COVID-19 cases top 150 in Cabell County
- Some Tri-State locations still plan to offer fireworks, with social distancing
- Photos: Camden Park opens for 2020 season
- Photos: Paramount Arts Center hosts drive-in concert
- Photos: Fireworks Display at Christ Temple Church
- Photos: Independence Day at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Mural project in Central City
- Photos: Frostop Drive-In’s iconic mug returns
- Photo: Herd That prepares for TBT
- Photos: Fairland High School conducts 71st Commencement
- Photos: Spring Valley High School conducts 22nd annual commencement
- Photos: Huntington High Graduation 2020