IRONTON — An Ironton-area man was sentenced to four to six years in prison earlier this week in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court for burglary and vandalism.
- Friday afternoon obituary update
- Ironton man sentenced in burglary, vandalism case
- Campaign Trails: School unions endorse Petsonk for AG
- Police roundup: Wanton endangerment, stolen auto listed in HPD reports
- Victim’s name released in Huntington stabbing
- Fairs, festivals get grants from state
- 75 years ago, thousands took to WV's streets to celebrate Japanese surrender to end war
CHARLESTON — More than $40,000 is coming to Cabell and Wayne county festivals and fairs from the state.
HUNTINGTON — Cabell County Schools plans to adopt the color code system for reopening as announced Friday by West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, according to a news release from the school district.
HUNTINGTON — Cabell County commissioners approved an amended contract with the construction firm demolishing the old jail building on the courthouse grounds Thursday morning, granting an extension to the time frame of the project.
“Love and work are to people what water and sunshine are to plants.” — Jonathan Haidt
BOOK: A new book, “Dolly Parton, Songteller: My Life in Lyrics,” will explore the country icon’s vast musical catalog. The new book, which was written with Robert K. Oermann, will be released on Nov. 17 via Chronicle Books. In addition, Dolly will deliver an audio version of the book via RBm…
I must admit, I know very little about poetry and over the years I have avoided reading it because I worried that I wouldn’t “get it” and would feel bad for not understanding what the author was trying to say. After hearing how wonderful Kari Gunter-Seymour’s poetry is and having exchanged m…
COAL GROVE, Ohio — Ben Compliment draws many flattering remarks from coaches, recruiters and opponents.
The Baltimore Orioles selected the contract of former Lawrence County High School right-hander Chandler Shepherd and optioned righty David Hess to their alternate training site Friday.
ONA — Thomas Bailey remained unbeaten for the season at Ona Speedway Saturday, Aug. 8, when he won the 20-lap Crazy Compact feature on Geer Brothers Body Shop Night.
BUFFALO, W.Va. — West Virginia’s largest solar panel project to date will be completed by March 2021 at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing plant in Buffalo, the company announced this week.
Agree? Disagree? Respond to this Letter to the Editor here: https://www.herald-dispatch.com/site/forms/online_services/letter_editor/
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Brea McClung: Don't make school children lab rats in a COVID-19 experiment
- Head on collision kills 2, injures 2 on Tolsia Highway
- Man charged with malicious wounding
- Local family hit hard by coronavirus after funeral
- Alleged rape victim testifies about assault, relationship with defendant in Huntington trial
- Former Herd DT Whyce passes away
- West Virginia senator says he won’t part with General Lee car or cover its Confederate flag
- Former Marshall, NFL star Chad Pennington enjoying high school coaching
- Winfield player tests positive for COVID-19
- Rhoades to recovery: Former heart patient now cardiac nurse
- Photos: MU Department of Communication Disorders conducts drive-thru celebration
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 11
- Photos: Fairland vs. River Valley, volleyball
- Photos: Chesapeake Golf Range
- Photos: 2020 Festival of Glass at Blenko Glass
- Photos: Volunteers renovate playground at Celebration Church
- Photos: School supply giveaway at New Hope United Methodist Church
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 14
- Photos: Mountwest conducts drive through enrollment event
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 6