WINFIELD, W.Va. — The Putnam County Board of Education discussed safety devices, old school property and memorandums of understanding with different organizations during its regular meeting Nov. 21.
- Woman's Club to meet Dec. 8
- Ground broken on expansion of eastern Kentucky prison
- Puppy Pals from 'America's Got Talent' bring stunt show to Huntington
- Photos: People decorate for "Art on a Limb" exhibit
- Police roundup: Destruction of property listed among HPD reports
- Cyber Monday helps local shops using e-commerce
- How to choose and decorate a Christmas tree safely
HUNTINGTON — The community transmission level of COVID-19 has dropped in the region.
A year after omicron began its assault on humanity, the ever-morphing coronavirus mutant drove COVID-19 case counts higher in many places just as Americans gathered for Thanksgiving. It was a prelude to a wave that experts expect to soon wash over the U.S.
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio Supreme Court has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Gov. Mike DeWine’s authority to end Ohio’s participation in a federal pandemic unemployment aid program ahead of the federal government’s 2021 deadline for stopping the payments.
Editor’s note: This is the 472nd in a series of articles recalling vanished Huntington scenes.
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia.org.
Click for community news.
IRONTON — Fairland’s goals Monday at Ironton were to win the game and not hurt Fighting Tigers star Evan Williams.
Welcome to “Second Guess” Tuesday.
Voters in the Associated Press high school girls basketball poll are predicting a rematch for the Class AAAA state title.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington defeats Martinsburg, will play for AAA title
- Black Friday shopping brings thousands to Huntington Mall
- Huntington looks to avoid imploding vs. Martinsburg
- Marshall caps regular season with 28-23 comeback win over Georgia State
- Kennedy candidate Lochow focused on Martinsburg
- Chuck Landon: MU says, ‘Thanks, Notre Dame’
- Carl Lowell Eden
- Wednesday night obituary update
- Local Italian restaurant launches bottled olive oil, just in time for Christmas shopping
- Ohio man pleads guilty to federal gun, drug crimes
- Photos: 16th annual Huntington Turkey Trot
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate before Georgia State game
- Photos: City of Huntington conducts tree-lighting ceremony
- Photos: Huntington defeats Martinsburg in Class AAA semifinals
- Photos: Black Friday shopping at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: Marshall football tops Georgia State, 28-23
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains
- Photos: Small Business Saturday in Huntington
- Photos: Second annual Holiday Lights and Chocolate Bites
- Photos: Museum Store Sunday at HMA