The following obituaries have been provided by local funeral homes. Read our daily updates at 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30 p.m., and our complete obituaries in The Herald-Dispatch on Thursday and at www.herald-dispatch.com.
- Gasoline prices vary in Tri-State
- Wednesday afternoon obituary update
- 2 found dead in aftermath of residential blaze
- Biden to give away 400 million N95 masks starting next week
- House committee advances bill to increase penalties for fentanyl exposure
- Big Brothers Big Sisters expanding in West Virginia
- TSA screeners turned up nine handguns at W.Va. airports in 2021
WASHINGTON — The Biden administration will begin making 400 million N95 masks available for free to U.S. residents starting next week, now that federal officials are emphasizing their better protection against the omicron variant of COVID-19 over cloth face coverings.
GENEVA — The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization said Tuesday that the worst of the coronavirus pandemic — deaths, hospitalizations and lockdowns — could be over this year if huge inequities in vaccinations and medicines are addressed quickly.
CHARLESTON — Gov. Jim Justice was back at the state Capitol on Monday to hold the first COVID-19 news briefing since he was diagnosed with the virus last week.
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia.org.
Editor’s note: This is the 427th in a series of articles recalling vanished Huntington scenes.
HUNTINGTON — Marshall University has released its president’s and dean’s lists for the 2021 fall semester.
For several years, my job responsibilities require me to attend many trade shows and media events. The Archery Trade Show (ATA) was one I always looked forward to because of the manufacturers and attendees, many of whom I call friends.
MORGANTOWN — Why is the Big 12 the best basketball conference in America?
HUNTINGTON — South Point is ranked 10th and Fairland 11th in Division III in the Ohio Associated Press boys high school basketball poll.
West Virginia’s New River Gorge Bridge has been recognized as an accomplishment in engineering since it opened to traffic in the 1970s. The state has other bridges of note, mainly larger bridges. The smaller bridges, though, have deteriorated as larger bridges have been built. But help is on…
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- County sends letter to employees about absences
- Basketball rivals comfort one another in deaths of parents
- Planned steel mill ‘game-changer’ for Mason County
- Justice receiving care at home, ‘not doing well’ after contracting COVID-19
- Nigerian national living in Huntington admits role in money laundering scheme
- New Herd QB Colombi eager to get started
- LISA LYNN FERGUSON
- Texas Tech QB Colombi commits to Marshall
- REBECCA LYNN COLLINS
- CHRISTENE SUE DUGAN
- Photos: Winter storm hits Huntington
- Photos: Snow begins to fall in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Fishing at Lake William in Barboursville.
- Photos: Readers share their January snow photos
- Photos: Frost Bite Freeze Out at Beech Fork
- Photos: Snow in Barboursville
- Photos: Facing Hunger Foodbank mobile food pantry
- Photos: Huntington vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: Huntington's Kitchen holds electric pressure cooker class