At 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 28, head down to David Harris Riverfront Park in Huntington where The River, 97.9-FM presents Movies on the River with a screening of the sing-a-long '50s-set musical movie, "Grease."Released on June 16, 1978, "Grease" stars John Travolta as Danny, Olivia Newton-John as Sandy, and Stockard Channing as Betty Rizzo, the leader of the Pink Ladies in tthe film which explored the friendships, romances and adventures of a group of high school kids in the 1950s. Filled with such hit songs as "You're The One That I Want," "Summer Nights," "Grease," "Greased Lightning," and "Hopelessly Devoted to You," "Grease," became the No. 1 selling movie musical. There will be inflatables and popcorn for purchase. The movie will start after sundown. Movies on the River presented by the Little Caesars, Mountwest Community & Technical College, Results Companies and Clark's Pump N Shops, Greater Huntington Parks & Recreation, 979 The River, 937 The Dawg and Kindred Communications. Other films are July 26: "Black Panther," and Aug. 30, "We Are Marshall." Pick up your free ticket at participating Clark's Pump N Shops and Little Caesars locations. Or get in for just $2 a person or $5 for an entire family.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
- Private bar for 25-and-older crowd to open in downtown Huntington
- Ohio to participate in national-level military exercise on Aug. 5-8
- Herald-Dispatch to end its Monday print edition
- New senior living housing being built in Huntington's West End
- Landlord charged with sexually abusing tenant
- Landmark structure to become United Bank Building
- Motherly Manuscript
- Huntington police shift focus to property crime
- Zoning board seeks details before approval of rooftop bar
- Respected Marshall professor dies at 48
- Photos: HART in the Park presents The Little Mermaid
- Photos: Pullman Square Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Marshall GHA students paint mural on historic St. Cloud Fire Station
- Photos: Greater Huntington Walks Anniversary Celebration
- Photos: Cabell County's Summer Lunch Program Celebration
- Photos: Walk to Cure Arthritis 2019
- Photos: Community shows support at Adams Scramble memorial golf event
- Photos: Highlands Museum and Discovery Center's First Responders Camp
- Photos: South Point community honors former coach Bob Lester
- Photos: 36th Annual Cabell County Fair Parade