Details for LEGAL ADVERTISEMENT Notice is hereby given that Coal Mac LLC
LEGAL ADVERTISEMENT Notice is hereby given that Coal Mac LLC, P.O. Box 1050, 22 Mine Road Harless Wood Industrial Park, Holden, WV 25625 (304) 792-8400 surface mine permit number S-5008-09 situated in the Island Creek District of Logan County, WV, approximately 2.5 miles southwest of Omar, WV will be conducting blasting activities in accordance with all State and Federal Laws as approved by the Department of Environmental Protection. Blasting activities will be conducted between sunrise to sunset, Monday through Saturday during March 29, 2019 through March 29, 2020. No blasting will be conducted on Sundays. Ten minutes prior to and immediately after each blast, all access to the specific area will be safeguarded from unauthorized entry. The warning signal prior to each blast shall be from a siren audible to at least one mile from the blast. The warning will be given three (3) minutes prior to detonation and will consist of three (3) short signals of five (5) seconds duration with five (5) seconds between each signal. The "ALL CLEAR" signal shall consist of one (1) long warning signal to twenty (20) seconds duration from a siren. Blasting shall be conducted in such a way so as to prevent adverse impacts to the public or the environment. Blasting activities will not be conducted at times other than those announced in the blasting schedule except in the event of an emergency situation where rain, lightening, or other atmospheric conditions, or operator or public safety requires unscheduled detonations. LH-68930 3/27/19
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
- Two juveniles suspected of throwing rocks at cars along interstate in Milton
- Ohio man faces shooting charge after being returned to W.Va.
- Seven more file for Huntington City Council
- Men admit to various drug crimes in Huntington
- Panthers blow by Coal Grove, 76-26
- Lawrence turns focus on returning land bank properties to tax rolls
- Kentucky officials announce $4M grant for park in Boyd County
- Citizens react as Huntington crime rates continue to decline
- City Council candidate apologizes for use of racial slur
- Business Beat: Savannah’s restaurant closes, up for sale
- Aerosmith drummer loses bid to rejoin band for Grammy honors
- Huntington insurance agents sentenced for tax fraud
- HPD searching for new officers after city approves pay raises
- State Police seeking help in finding missing Huntington man
- Huntington church to conduct final service
- Murder trial on hold after attorneys question relationship between victim, police
- After more than 70 years, Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church closes
- Photos: WSAZ Invitational Wrestling Tournament 2020, Friday
- Photos: Closing Celebration at Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church
- Photos: WSAZ Invitational Wrestling Tournament, Saturday
- Photos: Huntington vs. Spring Valley, boys basketball
- Photos: Blow-Your-Own Water Bottle Class at Blenko Glass
- Photos: First Lady of West Virginia visits Our Lady of Fatima Parish School
- Photos: High School Basketball, Huntington High takes on Cabell Midland
- Photos: Scholarship and Education Fair at St. Peter Claver Catholic Church
- Photos: Marshall vs. WKU, women's basketball
- Photos: Marshall falls at home to WKU, 64-60