Details for STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION OF MINING AND RECLAMATION PUBLIC NOTICE OF BLASTING OPERATIONS
STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION OF MINING AND RECLAMATION PUBLIC NOTICE OF BLASTING OPERATIONS Notice is hereby given that: Raven Crest Contracting, 1295 Ashford Hill Road, Ashford, WV 25009 S-5017-01 situate in Peytona District of Boone County, approximately 1.8 miles North of Costa will be conducting blasting activities in accordance with all State and Federal Laws and as approved by the Department of Environmental protection. Blasting activities will occur Monday through Saturday from ''sunrise to sunset''. No blasting shall be conducted on Sunday. Blasting is to Commence on April 13, 2019 and continue through April 12, 2020. Ten minutes prior to and immediately after each blast, all access to the specific area Will be Safeguarded from unauthorized entry. The warning signal prior to each blast shall be from an air horn, siren, or other device audible to at least on half mile from the blast. The warning will be given three (3) minutes prior to detonation and will consist of three (3) short blasts of five (5) seconds duration with five (5) seconds between each blast. The all clear signal shall be one long blast from an air horn, siren, or other approved devices of twenty (20) seconds duration. Blasting shall be conducted in such a way to as to prevent adverse impacts to the public or the environment. Blasting activities will not be conducted at times other than those announced in the blasting schedule except n the event of an emergency situation where rain, lightening, or other atmospheric conditions, or operator or public safety requires unscheduled detonations. LH-68992 4-3;2019
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
- Tentative Purdue opioids settlement relies on selling more pills
- Students get reminder of Constitution's importance
- Pretrial hearing reset in 2016 Cabell County DUI death case
- Man accused in fatal fight indicted on murder charges
- Army revamps recruiting, hits enlistment goal
- Woman charged in fatal shootings loses some jail privileges
- Coal mine electrician dies in accident at W.Va. mine
- Man arrested in Huntington shooting
- Unsealed complaint by Cabell, Huntington lays out more opioids-related charges
- Romeo's Pizza a hidden gem in Proctorville
- Long drive gives Herd win over Bobcats in Battle for the Bell
- Yates surprises fans at MU Hall induction
- Woman charged with aiding Guyandotte robbery suspect
- Herd RB Tyler King dismissed from program
- Roberts' big night leads Knights to end losing streak to Wolves
- Marshall big man Iran Bennett makes weight, dipping under 300
- Cabell Midland volunteer banned for school shooting comments
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Cabell Midland, football
- Photos: Fans tailgate before the Herd's game against Ohio
- Photos: Marshall defeats Ohio in the Battle for the Bell
- Photos: Dedication of Stephen J. Kopp Hall
- Photos: Patriot Day Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington WV Area Habitat for Humanity conducts 111th dedication ceremony
- Photos: City of Milton celebrates 143rd Old-Fashioned Day
- Photos: Youth Football, Chesapeake B-Team faces off with Ironton
- Photos: High School Football, Fairland Dragons vs. Ironton Fighting Tigers
- Photos: Third annual "Kids in White Coats" event