- During the heating season, don’t set the thermostat below 65 degrees.
- In the cooling season, don’t set the thermostat below 70 degrees.
- Check the heat pump for snow or ice build up during the winter.
- Heat pumps should be elevated 4 to 8 inches above the ground to allow for proper drainage.
- Clean or change your filters once a month, or as needed.
- Clean outdoor coils whenever they appear dirty.
- Remove foliage from around the outdoor unit and keep shrubs at least 18 inches away from the heat pump on all sides.
- Don’t cover your heat pump to try to protect it from outdoor elements, the units are designed for outdoor use
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.