Don’t just automatically send a check to your insurance company. Take the times to review your coverage and call your agent with any questions or concerns.
Our insurance needs change as circumstances in our lives change. Which is why I recommend doing at least an annual review. When reviewing your insurance coverage these questions can help you figure out whether you need to talk to your insurance professional about making a change to your coverage.
- Have you gotten married or divorced?
- Have you had a baby?
- Have you transferred jobs or experienced a significant change in income?
- Did your teenager get a driver’s license?
- Have you done extensive renovations to your home?
- Have you acquired any new valuables such as jewelry, fine art, antiques or electronic equipment?
- Have you signed a lease on a house or apartment?
- Have you retired?
Keep these questions in mind and let your agent know of any changes. make sure you are always properly insured.