HUNTINGTON - Individuals and families will have several opportunities to have their taxes completed for free beginning Jan. 23 through the United Way of the River Cities Financial Stability Partnership's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, according to a news release.
Families with a household income below $64,000 are eligible for free tax preparation. Taxpayers could receive up to $6,269 extra in their federal income tax refunds through the Earned Income Tax Credit and as much as $1,000 per qualifying child for the Child Tax Credit. Individuals must bring: a photo ID; a social security card for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents; and all W2s, 1099 forms and any other tax information.
VITA locations, dates and times are as follows:
- Cabell County Public Library, 455 9th St., Huntington: Mondays, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., beginning Jan. 23. Dial 2-1-1 for an appointment.
- Barboursville Library, 728 Main St., Barboursville: Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning Jan. 24. Dial 2-1-1 for an appointment.
- Huntington Housing Authority, 300 W. 7th Ave., Huntington: Thursdays, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., beginning Feb. 2. Dial 2-1-1 for an appointment.
- Goodwill Ind. Of KYOWVA Area, 1005 Virginia Ave. W., Huntington: Fridays, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., beginning Jan. 27. Dial 2-1-1 for an appointment.
- MU Beta Alpha Psi Corbly Hall, 5th Ave. and Hall Greer Blvd.: Thursdays, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., beginning Feb. 2; Closed Feb. 23 and March 23. Dial 2-1-1 for an appointment.
- Southwestern CAC, 298 E. Main St., Milton: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., beginning Jan. 23. Call Jerry or Eric at 304-390-0087 for an appointment.
- Southwestern CAC, 700 22nd St., Point Pleasant: Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., beginning Jan. 24. Call Nikki at 304-674-8055 for an appointment.
- Cabell County Public Library Super Saturdays, 455 9th St., Huntington: Feb. 18 and March 18, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Goodwill Ind. Of KYOWVA Area, 1005 Virginia Ave. W., Huntington: Jan. 28, Feb. 4, Feb. 11, Feb. 25, March 11, March 25, and April 1, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mountwest Community and Technical College: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., beginning Feb. 7.
- Ironton OH Means Jobs Lawrence Co., 120 N. 3rd St., Ironton: Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., beginning Jan. 26.
- South Point Library, 317 Solida Rd., South Point: Fridays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., beginning Jan. 27.
The following DIY tax sites offer a computer and printer for individuals to do their own taxes:
- Huntington Housing Authority, 300 W. 7th Ave., Huntington: Mondays and Thursdays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Catholic Charities West Virginia Center for Community Learning and Advancement, 901 5th Ave, Huntington: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.