GLENDA SHARON SHANNON, 77, of Lesage, W.Va., went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, April 10, 2021, at Beard Mortuary with Pastor David Blake officiating. Burial will follow in White Chapel Memorial Gardens. Family and friends may visit from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. She was born September 26, 1943, in Huntington, the daughter of the late Pearl and Jewel Childers Drown. She was also preceded in death by her first husband, David Irwin, and siblings, Brenda McCloud, Leonard, Ceron, Johnny and Larry Drown. She was a member of Greenbottom Baptist Church and was retired from Owens-Illinois Glass Company. She is survived by her husband of 42 years, Leo Shannon; children, Deborah Hamlin (Tim Belville), John Irwin, Theresa (Tim) Smith, Clarissa (Bob) Williamson, Gerri Hall, Sandra Sue (Rick) Beach, Stephanie Diane (Ronnie) Lafferty, Ruth Shannon and Travis (Karen) Shannon; three sisters, Joyce Frank of Akron, Ohio, Helen Lester of Huntington and Kathryn (James) Irwin of Huntington; 15 grandchildren, numerous great-grandchildren and several great-great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews and several special cousins. Online condolences and memories may be sent to the family at www.beardmortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- Nine Cabell pharmacies controlled half of opioid market, expert says
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Friday night concert series to launch in Huntington
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: HPD swears in nine probationary officers
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title