LEO KENNETH “BUTCH” CREMEANS II, 65, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away on Thursday, May 13, 2021, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. A celebration of his life will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, May 17, at Beard Mortuary with Pastor Cledith Campbell officiating. Burial will follow in Spring Hill Cemetery. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. Masks will be required during this time. He was born December 2, 1955, the son of the late Leo and Reda Faulkner Cremeans. He was a 1974 graduate of Huntington East High School. Butch was an avid golfer and spent many years coaching baseball and football at Little League 8, Southeastern Babe Ruth and Beverly Hills. Butch enjoyed his years working at ACF, BASF, before retiring from Flint Group in 2017. For the last 24 years, he and Paula have owned and operated Leo Cremeans Inc., a delivery service for 84 Lumber. He was a loving husband, married to Paula Blake Cremeans for 45 years; father to Mathew (Londe) Cremeans of Savannah, Ga., and Michelle (Sean) Farrell of Huntington; and Papa to four adoring grandchildren, Carly, Colin, Evie Kate and Elouise; he is also survived by additional family, extended family and a host of special friends. In lieu of gifts and flowers, the family is requesting donations to the grandchildren’s schools, St. Andrews, 601 Penn Waller Road, Savannah, GA 31410, or St. Joseph Catholic Grade School, 1326 6th Avenue, Huntington, WV 25701. Online condolences and memories may be shared with the family at www.beardmortuary.com. 2 Timothy 4:7 — “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- KAYLA NICOLE BLEDSOE
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Highlanders standouts commit to colleges
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show