MILDRED KAREN WILSON, 74, of Bear, Delaware, passed away on Wednesday, the 6th of January, at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa., following a long illness. She was born on January 2, 1946, in Matewan, West Virginia, the daughter of Eugene Warren Dean and Mildred Katherine (Kennedy) Dean. She was a graduate of Man High School, Class of 1963. She attended Marshall University and received a degree in Teaching in 1967. She was one of the first teachers to teach kindergarten in the state of West Virginia. She is survived by her daughter, Erin Nicole Wilson; her sister, Sandra Dean Mullins; her brother, Eugene Curtis Dean and his wife Betty Ann Dean; her sister-in-law, Eyvonne Mayhew Dean; her nephews, Keefe Dean, Brian Dean and Douglas Mullins; her niece, Andrea Dean Traci Crawford Licht and her husband Ed Licht and their sons Mason and Jake. She was predeceased by her parents, Eugene Warren Dean and Mildred Katherine Kennedy Dean; and by her brother, Robert William Dean. Funeral services will be held at Beard Mortuary on Tuesday, January 19, 2021, at 11 a.m., with interment to follow in Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. Those who wish to donate in lieu of flowers may make memorial contributions to Save the Children. To send online condolences, please visit www.beardmortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- New Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- Vehicle fire spreads to new cars at dealership
- Huntington restaurant has alcohol license suspended
- Schools unite to support beloved photographer Sanborn
- Cabell BOE votes to build Meadows Elementary in new location
- Police: Missing child, 6, killed and put into the Ohio River
- Ohio River crests at highest level since 1997
- Second round of Pandemic EBT payments for eligible children to be sent in March
- Beloved photographer Sanborn dead from cancer
- The Jewel City turns 150: Huntington has proud past — and exciting future
- Photos: Flood waters rise around Huntington
- Photos: Areas around Cabell County experience flooding
- Photos: Area flooding
- Photos: Firefighters battle vehicle fire at River City Subaru
- Photos: Area continues to deal with flooding
- Photos: Cleanup continues at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Marshall volleyball team vs. Western Kentucky
- Photos: MU women's basketball vs. Rice University, Saturday
- Photos: Fairland vs. North Adams, boys basketball
- Photos: Ohio high school girl's basketball Division III sectional tournament championship