SHARON KAY KESLER, 69 of Huntington, passed away on Sunday, June 28, 2020 at Emogene Dolin Hospice House. Services will be held on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 2 p.m. at White Chapel Memorial Gardens Mausoleum. Burial will follow. The family will receive friends after 1 p.m. She was born March 13, 1951 in Huntington, the daughter of the late John Andrew and Bertha Esther Garnet Gothard Hensley. In addition to her parents she was preceded in death by her husband, Gordon Dale Kesler; a son, Tracy Mennis Gartin; two brothers, Jeffrey Allan Hensley and John Andrew Hensley; and a sister, Rebecca Marie Hensley. She is survived by a son, Greg Gartin, with whom she made her home; a daughter, Stephanie Cher Gartin of Cartersville, Ga.; brothers and sisters, Jimmy Hensley of Huntington, Mark Hensley of Lesage; David Hensley of Lavalette; Shirley Wilson of Huntington, and Mary Blevins of Huntington; grandchildren: Brittany Gartin and fiancé, Michael Swerdloff, Elijah, Emily, Emily, Isacc, Joseph, Tyler and McKayla Gartin; and a host of nieces and nephews. Online memories and condolences may be sent to the family at www.beardmortuary.com.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $4.99 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- One dead in Huntington crash
- Mountain Health Network announces hospital layoffs amid COVID-19 losses
- Cabell County Schools looking to implement five-day, face-to-face school weeks
- Justice warns of possible bar, restaurant closures as COVID-19 cases spike
- Teen entrepreneur opening new dance studio in Chesapeake
- Ceredo-Kenova Little League shuts down after potential COVID-19 exposure
- Letter to the editor: Is it time to change the name of Marshall University?
- Grumpy Gary’s Grill now open on 4th Avenue
- Herd That's Ot Elmore brings unique fun to The Basketball Tournament
- Lawrence schools to decide return plans next week
- Photos: Aerial views over Huntington.
- Photos: Mural project in Central City
- Photos: Mother's Day Do-Over at The Venetian
- Photos: Disc golfers celebrate following 2020 Ashland Open
- Photos: Business Bureau conducts free e-cycle downtown
- Photos: Fireworks Display at Christ Temple Church
- Photos: Paramount Arts Center hosts drive-in concert
- Photos: Camden Park opens for 2020 season
- Photos: Frostop Drive-In’s iconic mug returns
- Photos: Independence Day at Heritage Farm