TUESDAY RAYNE SHANNON, 18 months old, of Nitro, W.Va., was called home to be with the Lord on Sunday, September 19, 2021. The family will have a celebration of life at 11 a.m. on Saturday, September 25, 2021, at Beard Mortuary. The family will receive friends after 10:30 a.m. She was the beloved daughter of Roderick Shannon of Beckley, W.Va., and Montana Marks of Huntington, W.Va. She is survived by three siblings, Dominique Shannon, Addison Marks and Maya Shannon, all of West Virginia; two loving grandparents, Diana “Momaw” Chambers of Huntington and Dale “Pawpaw” Henry of Apple Grove, W.Va.; the family of Scott and Laura Hensley and also Eric Watson of Huntington; the families of Bob Sakhai and Amanda Basham, and a very special mention to those who loved Tuesday like family, Matthew Corrigan of Huntington and Lisa Dean and Vanessa Conley of St. Albans, W.Va. Online condolences and memories may be shared with the family at www.beardmortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Student senator seeks resolution to remove Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Transplants to Putnam County have finally found “home”
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: Huntington vs. St. Albans, football
- Photos: Marshall mens soccer vs. UAB Blazers
- Photos: Collis P. Huntington bust dedication ceremony