WANDA FAYE SPURLOCK, 92 of Lesage, W.Va., passed away Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Funeral services will be 7 p.m. Friday, June 18, 2021, at Staunton Street Apostolic Life Cathedral with Pastor Edwin S. Harper officiating. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the church. Burial will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 19, 2021, in White Chapel Memorial Gardens. She was born November 21, 1928, in Glenwood, W.Va., the daughter of the late Curtis Delany and Iliza Jane Pittman Saunders. She was also preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Granville H. “Doc” Spurlock; a granddaughter, Michele Popoff; and two sisters, Avis Mae Hendricks and Joyce Aldine (Jerry) Dunford. She was a member of Apostolic Life Cathedral. She is survived by three daughters, Judy Curry of Proctorville, Ohio, Jennifer “Janie” and Johnny Blevins of Lesage and Melissa and Ronnie Arthur of Proctorville, Ohio; six grandchildren, Tracey (Chuck) King, Sara Blevins, Lorna Blevins, David Arthur, Jonathan Arthur and Maddie Arthur; five great-grandchildren, Meghann (Bobby) Adkins, Nik Popoff, Matthew King, Lando Foster and Cole Arthur; great-great-grandchildren, Ryleigh Swann and Emma Adkins. She is also survived by a sister, Cornelia Fay (William) Drake of Panama City Beach, Fla.; brother, James A. Saunders of Barboursville, W.Va.; a special caregiver, Carolyn Marshall; and several nieces and nephews. Online condolences and memories may be sent to the family at www.beardmortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- Letter to the editor: Is government hiding truth about UFOs?
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: 2020 Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony