WILLIAM H. “BILLY” ADKINS JR., 67, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away on Sunday, February 28, 2021, in Cabell Huntington Hospital. Graveside services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, March 4, 2021, at Woodmere Memorial Park with Pastor Lennie Romans officiating. He was born June 18, 1953, in Huntington, W.Va., the son of the late William H. Adkins Sr. and Dorothy Phillips Adkins. He was also preceded in death by several aunts and uncles. He retired from CSX Railroad with twenty-two years of service. Billy was an avid mall walker and during his time walking he built many relationships with the mall staff and store employees and considered them his “mall family.” He is survived by his sister and brother-in-law, Drenda “GeGe” and Jerry Eagle of Huntington, and nieces, Allyson (Jeremy) Gooderham and Heather Eagle; great-nephews, Christopher Wilson, Jordan Wilson and Cameron Hill; aunts, Nina Hazelett of West Hamlin, W.Va., and Ouida Sanson of Barboursville, W.Va.; uncles, Emmitt Adkins of Maryland, Don Adkins of West Hamlin, Hubert Adkins Jr. of Alcoa, Tenn., and Larry Adkins of West Hamlin; and a host of cousins and extended family. The family would like to thank the ICU staff at Cabell Huntington Hospital for their excellent care. Those who wish may make memorial contributions in Billy’s name to Hospice of Huntington. Online condolences and memories may be shared with the family at www.beardmortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Child development services employee accused of stealing more than $4.7 million in federal funds
- Jim's Steak and Spaghetti announces modified Strawberry Pie Week
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- Man convicted of incest accused of violating probation again, back in jail
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Baylor's NCAA title 'exhilarating' for former local prep star Loveday
- Capital High student shot, killed on Charleston's West Side
- Family sues police after man's death labeled homicide by medical examiner
- Travis Tritt to perform in Huntington on May 14
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: K9 officer training seminar
- Photos: Fairland vs. Chesapeake, high school baseball
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Flowers bloom around Huntington
- Photos: Glass-smashing event on Marshall campus
- Photos: Prince Philip, Britain’s longest serving consort, through the years
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point