WILMA DOROTHY JOYCE, 90, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 1, 2021, at 26th Street Baptist Church with Pastors Tim Arthur and Eric Wallace officiating. Burial will follow in Woodmere Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from noon to 2 p.m. She was born January 1, 1931, in Philadelphia, Pa., the daughter of the late William Edward and Nora Catherine Mason Grahl. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Lewis Joyce, and a grandson, Jason Marsh. She was an active and faithful member of 26th Street Baptist Church. She is survived by two daughters and sons-in-law, Karen S. and Roger Marsh of Huntington and Pattie and Larry Bias of Proctorville, Ohio; her grandchildren whom she helped raise, Shannon (Chris) Perego of Proctorville, Ohio, Courtney (Kenny) Beter of Proctorville and Christopher Marsh of Las Vegas; great-grandchildren, Taylor, Nastasha, Savannah and Steven Perego, and Kaydin, Zoe and Jaxon Beter; a brother-in-law, Richard (Dottie) Joyce of Vienna, W.Va.; and several nieces and nephews. Due to COVID-19, masks and social distancing will be observed. Online memories and condolences may be shared with the family at www.beardmortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
3001 Third Avenue
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Why are businesses having trouble finding employees?
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID TOLLEY
- As W.Va. drug overdose deaths increase, Huntington, Cabell County first in country to face distributors in courtroom
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- Herd brothers help teammate Jason Starkey kick addiction, find Christ
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- High school basketball player set to graduate fatally shot
- Photos: Huntington High wins Class AAAA girls basketball state title
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: 184th Marshall University commencement
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine's 41st annual graduation and investiture ceremony
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: 25th annual Heritage Farm spring festival
- Photos: Class AAA girls basketball tournament, Logan vs. Fairmont Senior
- Photos: 18th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates