ADA JEAN PINE, 75, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Thursday, June 3, 2021, in Genesis Heritage Center, Huntington. Ada was born November 8, 1945, in Ashland, Ky., a daughter of the late John L. and Thelma P. Martin Mullins. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Robert Pine; three sisters, Betty Sweeney, Anita Chinn and Belva Ann Mullins; and two brothers, John Mullins Jr. and Ron Mullins. She was a graduate of Paul Blazer High School and was a retired Certified Nursing Assistant with Huntington Health and Rehab. She attended Altizer Baptist Church. Survivors include two sons, Bobby Pine of South Point, Ohio, and Dr. J.W. Carter II (Lynn) of Cincinnati, Ohio. She is also survived by three grandchildren, several great-grandchildren and three grand-dogs. No public services are planned. Memorials may be given to the Alzheimer’s Association West Virginia Chapter (https://www.alz.org/wv). Ada’s family wishes to extend our sincere thanks to the management and staff at Riverview Manor Apartments; the medical and social services staff at St. Mary’s Medical Center Neuroscience units; and everyone at Heritage Center who assisted with her transition and made her final days comfortable. Condolences may be made to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Former Ironton, Herd football great Cyrus dead
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Former Cabell Midland star Jeffrey to pitch in Draft League
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Greenhouse High Tunnel Open House at HEMS
- Photos: Huntington Comic and Toy Convention
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic