ANNA LOUISE HOLSTEIN, 97, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Monday, August 2, 2021, in Woodlands Senior Retirement Community. She was born October 24, 1923, in Yawkey, W.Va., a daughter of the late Thomas Jefferson and Vilcie L. Stephens Saul. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Edgar L. Holstein; a daughter, Patricia Ann Huffman; a granddaughter, Sarah Huffman; and two brothers, Tommy Saul and Dorsey R. Saul. She was a retired secretary for St. Mary’s Medical Center; was a member of the former Highlawn Baptist Church; and was currently a member of New Baptist Church. Survivors include a daughter, Robin (Roger) Robinette of Huntington; two grandchildren, Thomas (Melissa) Huffman of Dayton, Ohio, and Phillip Lee (Selena) Huffman of Corbin, Ky.; five great-grandchildren, Jordan Huffman, Natalie Huffman, Cheyenne Huffman, Jacob Huffman and Timothy Ryan Huffman; a sister, Janet Price of Yawkey, W.Va.; and numerous special nieces, nephews and cousins. Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Friday, August 6, 2021, at New Baptist Church, Huntington, with Bob Withers officiating. Burial will be in Woodmere Memorial Park, Huntington. Members of her Sunday School Class will serve as pallbearers. Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. Friday at the church. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: Open Studio clay class at HMA
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade