BARBARA C. DUNN, 88, was called to her heavenly home on January 20, 2021. She was born March 15, 1932, in Westbrook, Maine, a daughter of the late Hanno and Ella Chipman. She graduated from Westbrook High School and Maine Eye and Ear Infirmary School of Nursing in Portland, Maine. She was an RN at St. Mary’s Hospital and the first clinical manager of the Neurology Unit from 1970 to 1991. Also preceding her in death was her loving husband, Boyd Dunn; a sister, Harriett Woodman; and three brothers, Hanno Chipman Jr., Robert Chipman and Paul Chipman. Barbara is survived by four children, Steve Dunn, David Dunn (Donna), Pam Fannin (Joe) and Julie Bybee (Jack); seven grandchildren, Tara Dunn, Chris Dunn (Juliet), Andrew Dunn (Joy), Sara Williams, Jacob Bybee, Kim Buzard (Vic), Stacy Wellman (Barry); a brother-in-law, Frank Lewis of Intra Atlantic, Fla.; 17 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren. A celebration of life will take place 3 p.m. Monday, January 25, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, with Rev. Robin Crouch officiating. Friends may call after 2:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- New Hatfield-McCoy trails set to open March 1
- Vehicle fire spreads to new cars at dealership
- Huntington restaurant has alcohol license suspended
- Schools unite to support beloved photographer Sanborn
- Cabell BOE votes to build Meadows Elementary in new location
- Ohio River crests at highest level since 1997
- Police: Missing child, 6, killed and put into the Ohio River
- Beloved photographer Sanborn dead from cancer
- Justice income tax plan proposes big cuts, tax hikes
- Second round of Pandemic EBT payments for eligible children to be sent in March
- Photos: Flood waters rise around Huntington
- Photos: Areas around Cabell County experience flooding
- Photos: Area flooding
- Photos: Firefighters battle vehicle fire at River City Subaru
- Photos: Area continues to deal with flooding
- Photos: Cleanup continues at Heritage Farm
- Photos: Marshall volleyball team vs. Western Kentucky
- Photos: Fairland vs. North Adams, boys basketball
- Photos: MU women's basketball vs. Rice University, Saturday
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Scott, girls basketball