BRENDA KAY McCOY, 61, of Huntington, wife of Clarence Charles “Buddy” McCoy III, passed away peacefully with her family by her bedside Saturday, September 26, 2020, after a long battle with cancer, and is now pain free. She was born August 6, 1959, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Clinton Ray and JoAnn Banfield Langdon. She held different jobs but was proud to be the administrator for the Huntington Housing Authority. In addition to her husband, survivors include two daughters, Jessica Criser and husband Andrew Criser of Morgantown, W.Va., and Sarah McClure of Barboursville; two stepdaughters, Brandee McCoy of New Bern, N.C., and Marquita McCoy of Huntington; three stepsons, Tearayne McCoy of Huntington, Joshua Dury of Durham, N.C., and Clarence Charles “Chuckie” McCoy IV of Huntington; nine grandchildren, Maya Criser, Lilli Criser, Bree Criser, Sojo McCoy, Shannon McCoy, C.J. McCoy, Cerenity McCoy, Tearayne McCoy II and Trevor Dury; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Patricia and Mike Falker of Moorestown, N.J., and Dianna and Tom Wolfe of Myrtle Beach, S.C.; and her faithful dog, Leo. A memorial service will be held 2 p.m. Friday, October 2, 2020, at Chapman’s Mortuary with Dr. Andrew Criser officiating. Friends may visit after 1:30 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Chapman’s Mortuary is assisting the family with cremation, and condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Joe Manchin: Precedent demands Senate wait on Barrett confirmation vote
- Police find $40K worth of heroin in West Huntington drug raid
- Marshall's walk-off field goal lifts Fairland over Buckeyes
- 3 Cabell County residents among state’s new COVID-19 deaths
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- Potential sale of ACF parking lot being negotiated
- Plans for new senior center in Lawrence County up for approval
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- SHARON RENEE LONG CARROLL
- Late Young Thundering Herd QB honored with renaming of city block
- Photos: Mr. and Miss Marshall reveal ceremony
- Photos: Rocco's Spaghetti Dinner Drive-Thru in Ceredo
- Photos: Cabell County Middle School Football Championships
- Photos: Marshall defeats FAU, 20-9
- Photos: Fairland vs. Nelsonville-York, football
- Photos: Kenova Pumpkin House gives out pumpkins to locals
- Photos: Honorary Reggie Oliver Square unveiling ceremony
- Photos: MU PAWS therapy dogs conduct costume parade
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Football, Huntington High School vs. South Charleston