CAROL FRANCES CARVER PARSLEY, 76, peacefully earned her heavenly reward at home with her family by her side on June 28, 2020. Preceding her in transition from this life were her parents, Stella and Carl Carver; brothers, George and Carl Jr.; sisters: Nina, Dorothy, Zara, Linda, Clifford, and Vickie; and granddaughter, Ashlee. Remaining here to carry on her legacy of love are sisters, Janet (Johnny) Johnson and Kay Hensley; brother, David (Linda) Carver, and her children: Sherry (Don) Harrison, Bobby Trevathan, Karen Sue (Tracy) Basenback, and Debra Armstrong. She adored 12 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren, a multitude of nieces and nephews, and was grandma to many of our friends. She greatly enjoyed being a caretaker of the elderly and her family. The family wishes to express our gratitude to Dr. Shaver and to Hospice of Huntington for their care and support. In lieu of gifts, we request that you pay forward an act of kindness or donate to a charity of your choice in her honor. Funeral services will be conducted noon Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at Chapman’s Mortuary with Pastor Tim Arthur officiating. Burial will be in Dock’s Creek Cemetery. Friends may visit family after 11 a.m. Wednesday at Chapman’s Mortuary. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- BRIAN LEWIS
- Take a guess: Planned Village Shoppes seek community input on new businesses
- Hardin sentenced to at least 20 years in prison
- Fort Gay PreK-8 employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- HENRY CREMEANS
- Seven employees at Wayne courthouse positive for COVID-19
- Student at Huntington East Middle School tests positive for COVID-19
- Huntington will settle suit with former MU athletes for more than $350K, according to attorney
- National Day of Prayer service to take place Saturday
- Photos: People spend Sunday afternoon at Camden Park
- Photos: Cabell County Volunteer Fire Departments conduct training
- Photos: Fairland vs. Minford, girls soccer
- Photos: Drive-in talent show
- Photos: Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church approaching its 150th Anniversary
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. Ironton, football
- Photos: Local congregations gather for National Day of Prayer
- Photos: Marshall University Media Quoits Tournament
- Photos: Marshall vs. Appalachian State, football
- Photos: 7th annual “All Aboard the Yoga Motive”