The Bargain Store in Guyandotte is closed today. The lovely lady who owned and operated her shop for over sixty years would like to let all her friends and longtime customers know that she has gone to her Heavenly reward. CASSIE KATHLEEN “KAT” EARLES, 92, of Huntington, passed away at Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House on Monday, April 26, 2021. Widow of Leon Earles, she was the daughter of the late John Dee and Lillian Grace Salisbury Hunt of Boldman, Kentucky. Preceded in death by three brothers, Jack, Wes and Ted Hunt, and her twin sister, Dolly Magdalene Hunt Cecil, she is survived by a sister, Bonnie Sue Hunt Ratliff, and many treasured nieces and nephews. She is also survived by her children, Andrew Earles and Jennifer (David) York; granddaughters, Cassie (Cody) Vickers and Casey Grace (Sean) McDonald; and the source of her greatest joy, three great-granddaughters, Ryleigh Bledsoe, Katie Vickers and Davie Grace McDonald. She also leaves behind for a little while her beloved brothers and sisters from Beverly Hills Church of Christ. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 28, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Minister Wayne Carter officiating. Interment to follow in the Hunt Family Cemetery at Harold, Kentucky, at 1 p.m. Wednesday. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice, 3100 Staunton Road, Huntington, WV 25702. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center