The Bargain Store in Guyandotte is closed today. The lovely lady who owned and operated her shop for over sixty years would like to let all her friends and longtime customers know that she has gone to her Heavenly reward. CASSIE KATHLEEN “KAT” EARLES, 92, of Huntington, passed away at Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House on Monday, April 26, 2021. Widow of Leon Earles, she was the daughter of the late John Dee and Lillian Grace Salisbury Hunt of Boldman, Kentucky. Preceded in death by three brothers, Jack, Wes and Ted Hunt, and her twin sister, Dolly Magdalene Hunt Cecil, she is survived by a sister, Bonnie Sue Hunt Ratliff, and many treasured nieces and nephews. She is also survived by her children, Andrew Earles and Jennifer (David) York; granddaughters, Cassie (Cody) Vickers and Casey Grace (Sean) McDonald; and the source of her greatest joy, three great-granddaughters, Ryleigh Bledsoe, Katie Vickers and Davie Grace McDonald. She also leaves behind for a little while her beloved brothers and sisters from Beverly Hills Church of Christ. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 28, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Minister Wayne Carter officiating. Interment to follow in the Hunt Family Cemetery at Harold, Kentucky, at 1 p.m. Wednesday. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice, 3100 Staunton Road, Huntington, WV 25702. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Why are businesses having trouble finding employees?
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- 60 Herd athletes land in transfer portal
- DAVID TOLLEY
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- As W.Va. drug overdose deaths increase, Huntington, Cabell County first in country to face distributors in courtroom
- New charges filed against former delegate Derrick Evans
- Herd brothers help teammate Jason Starkey kick addiction, find Christ
- Basketball newbie Siebert helps Knights to state tournament
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Photos: Huntington High wins Class AAAA girls basketball state title
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: 184th Marshall University commencement
- Photos: Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine's 41st annual graduation and investiture ceremony
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park
- Photos: 25th annual Heritage Farm spring festival
- Photos: Class AAA girls basketball tournament, Logan vs. Fairmont Senior
- Photos: Ohio University Southern honors 2021 graduates
- Photos: 18th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser