DANA S. CARNES, 76, of Erie, Pa., formerly of Huntington, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, passed away Friday, March 26, 2021, at Lecom Village Square, Erie, Pa. She was born April 25, 1944, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Joe and Emma Johnson Reynolds. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Rev. Hershey Lee Carnes; five sisters and two brothers. She was a homemaker and a member of Pentecostal Truth Ministries. Survivors include two daughters, Dianna D’Amico of Erie, Pa., and Kristy Carnes of Milton; two grandchildren, Shayne Miller and Connor D’Amico; three great-grandchildren, Gavin Miller, Hendrix Miller and Axl Miller; and a brother, Rev. Herbert Reynolds. Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 30, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with her brother, Rev. Herbert Reynolds, officiating. Burial will be in Neal Cemetery, Milton. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center