DARRELL KEITH PATTERSON, 73, of Huntington, died Tuesday July 13, 2021, at Wayne Nursing and Rehabilitation. Funeral service will be conducted 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 21, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Pastor Tim Arthur officiating. Burial will be in Kentucky Veterans Cemetery North East, Greenup, Ky. Darrell was born November 28, 1947, in Huntington, a son of the late Henry Bud and Joann Chapman Patterson. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran and retired from CSX Railroad. Survivors include his friend and military buddy Gerald N. Jones of Eastpointe, Mich.; and special friends Jeremiah (Ashley) Abbott of Huntington, B’vonta Stephens, Jean and Rob Paynter, of Ohio, Helen and Gary Riley, also of Ohio, Tammy Hensley, Misty Hicks, and Pattie Schaffner, all of Huntington. The family would like a special thank you to go to the staff of Wayne Nursing and Rehabilitation for all their loving care. Visitation will be from 10 until 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Founder of Hillbilly Hot Dogs dies
- Arch Resources nearly ready to open new met coal mine in WV
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Police roundup: Man arrested after overnight stabbing
- Health department alerts of substantial spread of COVID-19
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Scaled-down West Virginia Hot Dog Festival promises to be fun for whole family
- Yingling named CEO, president of Mountain Health Network and hospitals
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Cabell County Fair, Wednesday
- Photos: Huntington Police Department promotion ceremony
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: K-9 training obstacle course dedication ceremony
- Photos: Developmental Therapy Center 70th Birthday Celebration Jail & Bail Fundraiser
- Photos: Southside Neighborhood Organization Community Craft Fair
- Photos: Mural unveiled at Ebenezer Day Care Center
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show