DELENO H “PAT” WEBB III, M.D., 81, of Huntington, husband of Judith K. Berdine Webb, died March 28, 2021, at his residence with his loving wife by his side. Deleno was born in 1939 in Charleston, W.Va., a son of the late Deleno H Webb Jr., and Evelyn Barkwill Webb. His son, Eric Shawn Webb, also preceded him in death. He graduated from Saint Mary’s High School, W.Va., and enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1957. He married Judith in 1963 and attended Marshall University. He graduated from West Virginia University Medical School in 1971. He started his practice as a psychiatrist in Huntington and practiced for 43 years. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and the American Psychiatric Association. As a psychiatrist he helped countless patients achieve wellness and find peace. His passion and zest for life was unrivaled and infectious. One couldn’t resist experiencing fun and cheer in his company. He was beloved, and to some he was Doctor Webb, to his friends he was “Pat,” and to his family he was “Pappy.” In addition to his wife, survivors include his son and daughter-in-law, Greg and Lisa Webb; five grandchildren, Patrick Webb and wife Crystal Myers, Lanie Webb Childers and husband John, Chloe Webb and fiancé Seth Maynard, Tristan Webb and Ryan Webb; two great-grandchildren, Reagan Ash and Elayna Childers; and brothers and sisters, Michael Webb, Ann Culp, Jimmy Webb, Alice Johnson, Bill Webb and Virginia McGinnis. Donations may be made to St. Joseph Catholic Church in his name. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center