DOUGLAS ALLEN McCOMAS, 58, of Chesapeake, Ohio, went to be with the Lord on Monday, April 5, 2021. Doug was born November 14, 1962, in Huntington, W.Va., to beloved parents David and Brenda Peters McComas of Proctorville, Ohio. He was a retired Union Electrician out of IBEW 728. He is survived by his parents; daughter, Tonya (Jason) Miller of Flatwoods, Ky.; son, Ryan (Sheena) McComas of Willow Wood, Ohio; fiancée, Paula Collins of Chesapeake, Ohio; and stepdaughters, Tesia White, Lily Collins and Chandra Lyons; as well as sister, Tara (Terry) Farren of Proctorville, Ohio; brother, Matthew McComas of Mount Vernon, Ohio; 10 loving grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by son, Matthew Adam McComas, granddaughter, Kaylee Adkins, loving grandparents, Mae (Kenneth) McComas, Genevie (Charles) Peters. Visitation will begin at 6 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with services immediately following, officiated by Pastor Rob Jones and Kenny Estep. In lieu of flowers, his family asked for donations to be made to Hospice of Huntington, W.Va. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 'Hillbilly Elegy' author J.D. Vance quits firm after tweets
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Jim's Steak and Spaghetti announces modified Strawberry Pie Week
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- TINA SARENE LOWE-McCORMICK
- Camden Corner features doughnuts, fried chicken
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Family sues police after man's death labeled homicide by medical examiner
- Baylor's NCAA title 'exhilarating' for former local prep star Loveday
- Despite federal moratorium, evictions continue in Cabell County
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: K9 officer training seminar
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Fairland vs. Chesapeake, high school baseball
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls basketball
- Photos: Wayne vs. St. Joe, girls basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: Glass-smashing event on Marshall campus
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point
- Photos: Girl Scouts conduct cookie sale for 'Health Care Heroes'