DOW PATRICK PRINO, 93, of Huntington, widower of Judith Prino, died Tuesday, April 20, 2021, in Bellaire at Devonshire, Scott Depot, W.Va. He was born September 7, 1927, in Lorado, W.Va., a son of the late Domenico and Saletta Arcuri Prino. Three sisters, Katherine Prino Barber, Fannie Prino O’Sullivan and Mary Prino Walls; two brothers, Joseph Prino and Victor Prino; and a nephew, Frank “Buddy” Barber, also preceded him in death. Dow attended Huntington East High School and served in the US Army. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, the VFW, American Legion and the Elks Club. He was the owner/operator of Dow’s Jewelry and Loans in Huntington for more than 50 years. Survivors include one daughter, Delanie Prino of Huntington; one sister, Betty Prino Young of Houston, Texas; four nieces, three nephews and many great-nieces and -nephews. He loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter and fisherman, traveling from Canada to Florida for both. Mass of Resurrection will be 10 a.m. Friday, May 7, 2021, at St. Joseph Catholic Church with Monsignor Dean Borgmeyer celebrating the Mass. Burial will follow in Woodmere Memorial Park. The family would like to thank the staff at Bellaire of Devonshire, Scott Depot, W.Va., and Dr. Friday Simpson for all of their help with Dow’s care. Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, May 6, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary. In lieu of flowers, please make donations in Dow’s memory to St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1304 6th Avenue, Huntington, WV 25701. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- List would help buy remaining properties for Chesapeake Bypass
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Despite self-defense claim, Huntington double homicide case moves forward
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Two sentenced to prison in federal drug cases
- JENNIFER MARIE MERRYWEATHER-DEAN
- Huntington teen pleads guilty to manslaughter charges
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: Funktafest 5
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: 3rd Avenue Art Gallery
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Parkersburg
- Photos: Race for Rembert rubber duck race
- Photos: FoxFire Music & Arts Festival, Friday
- Photos: Marshall conducts President's Media Quoits Tournament