DR. W.R. “DICK” LOCKHART JR., son of the late W.R. “Dick” Lockhart Sr. and Vivian Smith Lockhart, passed away on September 22, 2020, in North Carolina. Dick was born March 10, 1938, in Huntington, W.Va. He leaves behind his wife, Angelina Lyons Lockhart, and their daughter, Whitney Anderson (Pastor Drew Anderson), and his two older daughters, Cheryl Caldwell (John David) and Victoria Shilot-Marushi (Jack), whose mother preceded Dick in death. Also left behind are his grandchildren, Brandon, Ciarra and Preston Caldwell, Rob Shilot III, and Harrison and Lola Anderson; a brother, Frowde (Katherine) Lockhart; and many nieces and nephews. Dick served honorably in the USAF. He received a Doctorate in Theology and served at various times as pastor, teacher and rescue mission director. Most recently, Dick served as pastor to seniors and visitation pastor at Triad Baptist Church, Kernersville, N.C., of which he was a member. Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Tuesday, September 29, 2020, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Pastor Scott Byard officiating. Military rites will be conducted by Veterans Honor Guard Post 16. Burial will be in Ceredo Crescent Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, September 28, 2020, at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to be made in his name to the homeless shelter of your choice. Social distancing and face masks are required. The service will be livestreamed on Chapman’s Mortuary and Crematory Facebook page at www.facebook.com/chapmansmortuaryandcrematory.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- Letter to the editor: Candidates' hate speech is a danger to children
- Man gets prison time for child porn charges in Huntington
- A triangle of culture: Vision for 14th Street West unveiled in new master plan
- MICHAEL SCOTT ADKINS
- BILLY RAY CHATTERTON
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in W.Va.
- Lumber, building material crisis impacting new home construction
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- Photos: Menards in Barboursville opens for business
- Photos: TTA introduces four new buses
- Photos: Fall foliage in Huntington
- Photos: Marshall vs. Louisiana Tech, football
- Photos: Early voting begins in Cabell County
- Photos: High School Football, Huntington vs. Winfield
- Photos: Ironton vs. New Lexington, football
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Oak HIll, football
- Photos: Fairland vs. Rock Hill, football
- Photos: Hurricane vs. Musselman, football