GARY HUGH LUCAS, 71, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Tuesday, January 11, 2022, in Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. Funeral service will be conducted at 10 a.m. Saturday, January 15, 2022, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Pastor Jerry Matt officiating. Burial will be in Forest Memorial Park, Milton, W.Va., at a later date. Gary was born August 23, 1950, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of the late Hughie M. and Mamie H. Lucas. Gary had 43 years of dedicated service to the Government of United States, 39 years at the Department of Veterans Affairs and 4 years of service in the Air Force, being honorably discharged with the rank of Sergeant. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two sisters, Jennifer Montgomery and Joan Lucas. Survivors include his beloved wife, Susan Lucas; his daughter, Amy E. Fornari (Chris) of Pittsford, N.Y.; his sister, Sandy Callicoat (Eric) of Havelock, N.C.; and a host of nieces, nephews and many good friends. Friends may call from 9:30 to 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 15, 2022, at Chapman’s Mortuary. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the American Cancer Society or Hospice of Huntington. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- DR. KENNETH J. O'CONNOR
- County sends letter to employees about absences
- Basketball rivals comfort one another in deaths of parents
- Justice receiving care at home, ‘not doing well’ after contracting COVID-19
- Cabell County indictments: Lesage man indicted on arson charge
- TIFFANI BROOKE YOUNG DIAL
- Planned steel mill ‘game-changer’ for Mason County
- REV. WILLIAM KEITH CREASY
- Special Metals layoffs come as strike negotiations continue
- REBECCA LYNN COLLINS
- Photos: Snow begins to fall in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Fishing at Lake William in Barboursville.
- Photos: “A Night on 5th” art walk
- Photos: First day of Marshall's 2022 Spring semester
- Photos: Facing Hunger Foodbank mobile food pantry
- Photos: Boy's basketball, Huntington St. Joe vs. Lawrence County
- Photos: Frost Bite Freeze Out at Beech Fork
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. South Charleston, boys basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Huntington, boys basketball