GEORGE WAYNE BIAS, 70, of Kenova, W.Va., died Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at his residence. Memorial funeral service will be conducted 6 p.m. Saturday, May 8, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Pastor Pat Collier officiating. George was born March 14, 1951, in West Hamlin, W.Va., a son of the late Herman and Phyllis Isaacs Bias. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran and retired from Special Metals. He was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Kenova and American Legion Post 93, whose members will conduct military honors. He was also preceded in death by one sister, Sharon Sanford, two brothers, Raymond and Chester Bias. Survivors include his wife, Shirley Bias; four children, Lee (Maria) Bias of St. Joseph, Trinidad, Lisa (Michael) Macioci of San Francisco, Calif., Gesika (Jaime) Lagunas of Kenova, and Jamie (Dustin) Long of Ceredo; four siblings, Jim Lucas of Branchland, Garry “Red” Bias of Huntington, Pat Hodge and Linda Maynard, both of Kenova; seven grandchildren, Seth and Charli Bias, Kate Macioci, Silas and Ezra Lagunas, Ava and Jade Long; sisters-in-law, Clara Ramdass of Trinidad and Judy Kowlessar of Florida; and a host of nieces and nephews. Visitation will be from 5 until 6 p.m. Saturday, May 8, at the funeral home. If attending, please wear facial covering and honor social distancing. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- KAYLA NICOLE BLEDSOE
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Highlanders standouts commit to colleges
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show