IRENE C. HALL, 90, of Huntington, widow of Harvey Hall, died Monday, November 22, 2021, in Wayne Nursing and Rehabilitation. She was born September 27, 1931, in Superior, W.Va., Mingo County, a daughter of the late Russell and Mona Burton Chandler. Irene is preceded in death by a daughter, Diane Gregory Spence; a stepson, Stephen Hall; and a sister, Pauline Dickey. She retired from the Department of Commerce, Census Bureau. Irene was a member of Cross Roads United Methodist Church and when able was very active, was an avid reader, and a graduate of St. Mary’s School of Nursing. Survivors include a son, Adam Stuart Gregory of Huntington; stepdaughter, Connie Sue Collins of Fallsburg, Ky.; stepson, Milton “Mick” Hall and wife Susan Hall of Danville, Va.; son-in-law, Tim Spence and his spouse Judy Spence of Georgia; 14 grandchildren, 31 great-grandchildren, and eight great- great-grandchildren. Graveside service will be conducted 1 p.m. Friday, November, 26, 2021. at the Abbey of Devotion, Ridgelawn Memorial Park, with Rev. Rob Reed officiating. Burial will follow. Friends may visit after 12:30 p.m. at the cemetery and send condolences to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- A dentist became a top opioid buyer in W.Va. Now a drug firm faces penalty for ignoring red flags
- West Virginia State Police to conduct sobriety checkpoint
- Drug charges against ex-Marshall football player dropped
- ALEXIS “LEXI” KAY MASSIE
- Martinsburg routs Huntington High, 62-21
- Cannabis education center in Huntington ready to open
- Herd bowl announcement to come Sunday
- After long wait, Milton girl receives new heart
- Progress made in Special Metals strike negotiations, officials report
- Trial continued again as four-year anniversary of youth football coach’s killing nears
- Photos: Ritter Park Christmas display lighting
- Photos: Barboursville Christmas Parade
- Photos: Christmas with a Cause 2021
- Photos: Martinsburg tops Huntington, 62-21 in Class AAA championship
- Photos: Readers' deer photos 2021
- Photos: Huntington Dance Theatre rehearses for "The Nutcracker"
- Photos: King of the Mountain State at Mountain Health Arena
- Photos: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. Huntington, girls basketball
- Photos: Best of November